01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Camera dropping randomly from NVR (2163-G0)

Catching-up now:
Which NVR model please?
How many cameras connected?
What models?
Did you find the display for power currently being used / remaining available?

And it's still working/running !! I'll wait until weekend to put on the new camera again.

@Phil info below...
NVR DS-7608NI-I2 / 8P .. Firmware V4.21.008 build 190625 *Purchased March19.
Six cameras connected .. as there have been on same cable for 5+yrs.
CAM1 - 2CD2163G0 - V5.6.1 build 190604 *purchased with NVR - this on the run with issue swapped back to 2CD2532
CAM2 - 2CD2363G0 - V5.6.1 build 190604 *purchased with NVR
CAM3 / 4 / 5 / 6 - 2CD2132 - F'ware V5.4.5 build 170123

NO .. didn't find display for power currently being used/remaining in web pages for NVR or IPC's.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
NO .. didn't find display for power currently being used/remaining in web pages for NVR or IPC's.
Thanks in advance.

If you use a directly connected monitor you can navigate to the page shown below which gives you a live reading of the PoE consumption of the directly connected cameras, be aware that the total PoE level may appear low under the max. PoE supported when you view this data in the day time but most cameras will more than double their PoE usage at night when the IR LEDs are turned on, so maybe check both in the daytime and at night.

If you use a directly connected monitor you can navigate to the page shown below which gives you a live reading of the PoE consumption of the directly connected cameras, be aware that the total PoE level may appear low under the max. PoE supported when you view this data in the day time but most cameras will more than double their PoE usage at night when the IR LEDs are turned on, so maybe check both in the daytime and at night.

Thanks @Dan will try and get a monitor from somewhere as NVR in loft and my monitors in office are wall attached.
I would say that the fact that i can put PoE Extended in the way suggests either the NVR is under-rated to supply the 8x ports it has given I have only 6x IPC's connected and working out the numbers from data-sheets suggested that should not be the case, or another issue. Also, the previous failures/disconnected of the new (2163) and old camera happened during day and night, therefore peeking PoE load due to IR's (i would have thought) would not be the case.
Have there been any other returns/reports of NVR issues similar to this ?

Have there been any other returns/reports of NVR issues similar to this ?
No.

If problems persist, and you're unable to get to the bottom of it we can arrange to send out another NVR for you to try.

Hi there @Phil and @Dan .. its now been running for over a week with the newer camera (one you shipped to me with NVR) and there have been no issues whilst I have the POE Extender in place (remember the original cable length has not been changed). This suggests to me that there is issue/fault on the NVR poe in that it isn't able to support 6x cameras even when it has 8x poe ports. As such I'd like to get a replacement shipped from you please in to which I can put my drive and ship back to you the faulty NVR. Can you advise? Thanks so much .. also is the 4A26 still the only ANPR camera from HIK or do the newer models release support ANPR?

Hi there @Phil and @Dan .. its now been running for over a week with the newer camera (one you shipped to me with NVR) and there have been no issues whilst I have the POE Extender in place (remember the original cable length has not been changed). This suggests to me that there is issue/fault on the NVR poe in that it isn't able to support 6x cameras even when it has 8x poe ports. As such I'd like to get a replacement shipped from you please in to which I can put my drive and ship back to you the faulty NVR. Can you advise? Thanks so much .. also is the 4A26 still the only ANPR camera from HIK or do the newer models release support ANPR?

HI @Phil .. can you advise re getting a replacement please for what appears faulty NVR per the above thread?
Thanks in advance

Sorry, been very busy - have asked @Gilly to liaise with you

Back