01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Camera Failure hikvision DS-2CD2185FWD-I(S)

AzzaUk

I noticed this camera had lost its feed. I went into my nvr to see what was going on and it stated "Network Unreachable" there wasnt anything i had done to it as im aware of anyway.

I got up the ladders to check the cameras connections and all that stuff. 3 IR lights seem to be constantly lit but there is no issues from what i can see from the cables.

I check the nvr poe ports and camera 1 network lights are not flashing. I then try another port and still nothing. I Disconnect the cables incase i had a faulty one and tried another but still nothing. All the camera shows is the 3 red ir lights being lit. I have tried resetting the camera using the reset button but nothing happens.

Any ideas

Attachments

• 20200410_042338.jpg
    20200410_042338.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 236
  • 20200410_042218.jpg
    20200410_042218.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 322
  • 20200410_042240.jpg
    20200410_042240.jpg
    491.5 KB · Views: 412
A couple of things to check/try

1 - Check the inside of the female RJ45 connector at the camera. Moisture ingress can cause shorting of the pins, burning, corrosion.
2 - Try taking the camera down and connecting directly at switch/NVR using patch cord.
3 - Are you resetting the camera correctly? If using PoE - disconnect the RJ45, push and hold the reset button, reconnect the RJ45, release after about 15 secs.
4 - As a last resort try powering the camera via 12V DC.

A couple of things to check/try

1 - Check the inside of the female RJ45 connector at the camera. Moisture ingress can cause shorting of the pins, burning, corrosion.
2 - Try taking the camera down and connecting directly at switch/NVR using patch cord.
3 - Are you resetting the camera correctly? If using PoE - disconnect the RJ45, push and hold the reset button, reconnect the RJ45, release after about 15 secs.
4 - As a last resort try powering the camera via 12V DC.

1 - yeah i have checked looks brand new from what i can see inside, but that doesnt mean there aint any damage

2 - yes i have already tried this, as stated the 3 IR lights come on and stay on but nothing else happens

3 - yes nothing happens, its like its frozen in a certain state

4 - tried plugging it into a 12v dc but again gets power IR lights stay solid and nothing else happens, its like its frozen and cant boot up.

Hi @AzzaUk

If you have followed @JB1970 steps and you still can't see anything and you are only getting red IR LEDs staying on constantly then I would say that camera is likely faulty, if it is still within the 3-year warranty you can take this information to whoever you bought from and if they were an authorised Hikvision seller they should accept it for return/warranty replacement.

Back