01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Camera for under open porch

dave77

Hi,

Please could someone recommend a suitable camera to go ceiling mounted under an open fronted porch as shown below. I currently have several DS-2CD2355FWD-I's wall mounted around the house. I was thinking fixed dome or mini-dome maybe?

Btw, I don't neglect the garden, this was from google images before I moved in :D

Please could someone recommend a suitable camera to go ceiling mounted under an open fronted porch as shown below.

We would recommend a Mini Dome like the 2545 5MP Darkfighter Mini Dome

We recommend this over any other model for this situation because it has a shorter 10m IR distance than most other models which means that objects very close to the comer will not be whited out as much by the IR.

The 2545 also features Darkfighter for better low-light/IR performance, also due to the design of the Mini Domes with the IR LEDs behind the 2 windows either side of the lens the IR will be pushed out directly in front of the camera so it may be better to mount the camera flat to the wall next to the door.

A flat-dome such as 2555 or 2563 would be our GoTo.
10m IR reach and built-in audio are both useful.

Snap - only @Dan is more correct / up-to-date and thorough in his response than me!
I'll fetch me coat!

All of the -IS or -IWS have built-in microphones.
(the W also = wireless)

Yes, the 2545 is newest, and the only one 'Powered by DarkFighter'

Why not the 2355's? I've got five mounted up under the eave of my house and they work beautifully, and don't bring the problems of a dome.

Yes, that's correct.
Sorry, we should have said.

You need a wide view with a door camera, because people will be close, so:
  • Because they are close, enough detail is a given.
  • If you select a narrower field of view, again because they are close, they can easily just happen to be out of that field of view to either side.

Back