01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Camera Live View Scheduling

chineplate

DS-7608NI-I2/8P. Is it possible to schedule a camera's live view. i.e schedule its switching on and off times. I would like to instal a camera in a room where its live view image output is only viewable at certain times of the day. I can only see how to schedule events. I'm sure that I must be missing the obvious.

Hi @chineplate

As far as we are aware there is no way to schedule the live layout to automatically only show certain cameras at certain times.

Your only option to hide one particular camera from the live view is to split your cameras across 2 live view pages (4 x page 1 / 4 x page 2) and you can manually switch from the page displaying the camera you want to hide to the 2nd page.

Hi @chineplate

In case it's of use, the closest available setting is the live view 'dwell time', which refers to the length of time until the NVR switches to the next live view page.

1623244809980.png

But to actually hide a camera, you will need to use the method @Dan suggests.

As a workaround you could use the Image settings. You would just modify one of the cameras Scene settings to make it unusable. For instance here is my Patio camera before......
Screenshot 2021-06-10 at 08.51.30.png

and after a little tweaking....

Screenshot 2021-06-10 at 08.51.45.png

All I've done is set one of the Scenes in the camera to Day. That exposes the gain control (AGC) which I've dropped to the minimum, set brightness to minimum, contrast to maximum and shutter speed to 1/100000 sec. Once you've set the parameters within the scene, you can just use the Image Parameters schedule to switch between your Normal and modified scene at the required times. It's a bit of a Heath Robinson solution but it should do what you want.

PS: The image is just a snapshot from the camera menu popup - it's razor sharp in reality!

Reactions: Dan
Back