01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

camera not retaining configurations

peter

Hi all, having a bit of a conundrum. I've a turret camera capable of 2048 x 1536, DS-2CD2332. I open the configuratioons in iVMS and adjust to that resolution, I click 'apply' and see the camera switch to the new res, them as soon as that happens the camera switches back to 1920 by 1080. Doesn't matter if I do this in 'remote configurations' or picture settings and doesn't matter if I select low image quality. I've also tried setting the max bitrate to 5500 to allow for the high res. Any ideas why?

Last edited:
Hi Peter,

Do you have the camera connected to an NVR at all?

The NVRs own settings will take precedence over the settings on the camera, so if you have paired the camera with an NVR you'd need to change the video settings on the NVR as opposed to on the camera for them to stick.

Thanks Kieran, just checked that. The NVR only gives access to brightness, contrast and saturation. Rotation and mirror. Nothing else.

What NVR are you currently using?

iVMS 4200 is a little clunky, I've found it has always been easier to configure things via a web browser or locally with a connected monitor.

If using iVMS 4200, you should be able to find the video parameter settings on the NVR by navigating to Remote Configuration > Image > Video & Audio > Select the appropriate camera from the dropdown menu > Resolution.

If connecting via a web browser, instead go to Configuration > Video & Audio.

I had included the NVR on the iVMS menu so went into it there. Bingo. Did the job. Many thanks

Ah, glad to hear it Peter - hopefully smooth sailing here onwards!

Back