01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Camera not showing up on network

CazzaK91

There is one camera not showing on our network. The camera has been reset but I would like help with modifying it's local IP by SmartTools on my PC. In device search on my TV the camera is still showing an IP address ending 5.190 and port only has 2 digits 80. The camera shows in the list as active in SmartTools on our PC so when we try to change the IP address and default gateway etc, the system won't allow it to be re-activated. I have tried watching the milesight video 'connect a camera to your network and assign it an IP address using smart tools' but I don't seem to be getting anywhere. Thanks in advance if anyone can help?

Last edited:
Hi @CazzaK91

Can you please confirm the exact Milesight camera model you have?
Can you share a screenshot of how the camera appears in SmartTools?

Hi, the model is MS-C9674-PB. I have attached a screenshot from SmartTools in Device Search and it is showing as channel 5 (which is for a different active camera that is working perfectly). I cant get an image from the camera MS-C9674-PB. Under IPC Tools>Network, that camera shows as active. Under IPC Tools> Settings that camera shows in the list intermittedly. Although the username and password for SmartTools can be seen, when I try to view a camera it says failed login. I have attached a picture of Device Search on a TV connected to the NVR and that camera MS-C9674-PB shows at the bottom of the list as inactive on channel 11. I have watched lots of your videos but I'm not skilled at this. One video showed how to add a camera but I wouldn't know what port number to input and protocol etc. I reckon I have an idea of how to choose a new IP address and default gateway. Hope you can help. Much appreciated

Attachments

• Device Search on TV linked to NVR.jpg
    Device Search on TV linked to NVR.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 284
  • Device Search on SmartTools.jpg
    Device Search on SmartTools.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 262
Ok, your setup is quite unusual as users don't usually have different ports for every camera, did you add all the other cameras or were they setup by someone else? (e.g. an installer)

In the SmartTools software (that I can see you have open in the tabs on that PC screenshot) have you tried modifying the IP address and gateway of the camera using the default username and password? (username: admin / password: ms1234)

The IP address should be changed to match the IP range of the other cameras (e.g. 192.168.1.212) and the gateway address should be changed to match the gateway address of all the other cameras. (this information should be visible in the SmartTools desktop tool)

Hi, it was an installer that setup the system but is no longer trading. Glad to say thanks for your help the camera is now working :)

Reactions: Dan
Back