01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

camera recommendations and hikvision nvr recommendations

rpelich

hello, i am looking for hikvision ip camera recommendations, i am doing an install on a hotel and have done installs before with hikvision but am not up to date with the new models.
i believe they want to go with 8 mp cameras but it seems like all i can find is outdoor hikvision cameras i know they work indoors too but i feel like im paying a slight premium for all the cameras that are gonna be indoors. my questions are below

1. is it a no brainer to get a 8poe hikvision nvr but with no HDD? i can find seahgate or wd hdd sureveillance for way cheaper compared to the diff between the hdd model and the non hdd model or am i confusing it with somethingm?
2. what 8 mp camera would u recommend that is cost efffective?

thx

1 - As long as you're using a surveillance hard drive from a big brand - they are very easy to install and initialise - so if you can see a hard drive on a leading website for £50 and a supplier is quoting £100 more to install the same size drive - it's a bit of a no brainer to me.

2 - Camera recommendations can't really be made without knowing more of the circumstances - such as will they require sound, how dark do the areas get, how far might the IR light have to travel for night images just as three examples of info that might sway a recommendation.

1 - As long as you're using a surveillance hard drive from a big brand - they are very easy to install and initialise - so if you can see a hard drive on a leading website for £50 and a supplier is quoting £100 more to install the same size drive - it's a bit of a no brainer to me.

2 - Camera recommendations can't really be made without knowing more of the circumstances - such as will they require sound, how dark do the areas get, how far might the IR light have to travel for night images just as three examples of info that might sway a recommendation.
thanks so much for the reply, i jut had a few questions

1. so it seems like a no brainer to get the non hdd hikvision nvrs right? or do the non hdd hikvision nvrs not have any poe ports?
2. i was thinking on ds 2383 or something along those lines, no sound really required. i guess we could get the better cameras for outside and normal for inside

The model you choose for your NVR will have a listed spec of how many POE ports it has. It doesn't matter if you choose it with or without a hard drive.

Does the hotel require vandal proof cameras? Have you checked? As much as 99 percent of all customers are lovely - if ever there's a bit of a bar brawl after a wedding reception - will the cameras withstand a knock or two?

Hi @rpelich

This should help if you do decide to install your own hard drive:

As @cymruchris says, the key thing is to make sure that you use Surveillance Hard Drive - the NVR itself will be the same whether you buy it with or without one already installed :)

Back