01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

cameras for office

marka01

Hi,

I am looking for a resonably priced camera set (around 6 cameras) to be connected to my QNAP device (TVS671). Cameras purpose would be for 2 office rooms inside, reception entrance, 2 outdoor cameras and as well doorbell cam.
Was trying to choose between Hikvision and Dahua. Any cons and pros for both or are they relatively similar and depends on specific models? any features I should consider like PTZ or is it enough to have 120 angle camera if it's placed in the corner or the wall? I would prefer PoE cams due to my switch supporting this.

Hi,
Take a look at the capabilities of your QNAP box:
QNAP - Surveillance Station

Follow the link at the bottom "Compatible IP Cameras" to see which IP cameras are compatible with your QNAP model.

Fixed cameras are probably best, unless you actually plan to operate a PTZ i.e. be present and pan/tilt/zoom it.
120° would be wider than is typical (wide = tall = small people in the scene = not great for identification)
90° horizontal field of view is the widest common/normal fov (field of view).
If you need wider, then better to fit two cameras with 60° fov each - you get the width without the height.

Differences between Dahua and Hikvision will very according to the model - each manufacturer competes strongly against the other.
Hikvision's EasyIP 3.0 range would be our recommendation / bestselling (you do need to check model compatibility with your QNAP).

thank you for advice. as far as I have read hikvision is more popular because they are cheaper. but dahua has face recognision capabilities that Hikvision does not have? Probably as you say I do not need ptz for office. just a good angle camera.

Face recognition has a pretty low success rate in general. The Police claim a very low hit rate. We’ve used it at work with AWS doing the actual work.

For CCTV I’d be surprised if the technology was ready now. Face detection would be something I’d look at.

We’ve used it at work with AWS doing the actual work.

Interesting. Milesight told me in a video chat update on Friday morning that they'd be introducing exactly that capability soon - and I responded that nobody would use it! :oops:

Back