01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Cameras for semi detached hse

Dominic drew

Hi was wondering if a combination of
DS-2CD2385FWD-I/ and DS-2CD2355FWD-I/ cameras would be adequate one of each at front and rear of hse. Would they be sufficient for night time. The house is 2 storey roughly 1600 Sq ft. Or is anything that you would personally recommend. As have read that the 5mp camera is as good in dark as 8mp one. But would value any input. Dominic

Hi Dominic,

There's a brand new Hikvision 2385-G1 'Powered by DarkFighter' 8MP turret camera which has become our new GoTo camera.

If you wanted to save budget with an alternative, then I'd suggest the 2345 4MP DarkFighter turret camera.

Both of these will be top performers in low-light.

Hi Dominic,

There's a brand new Hikvision 2385-G1 'Powered by DarkFighter' 8MP turret camera which has become our new GoTo camera.

If you wanted to save budget with an alternative, then I'd suggest the 2345 4MP DarkFighter turret camera.

Both of these will be top performers in low-light.
Presumably, when you write that it "has become our new GoTo camera", you've done some side-by-side comparison against the 2 year old 2385FWD that have impressed you? The reason I ask is that looks physically bigger than the old one, as the datasheet suggests it's heavier too, also the image sensor is indeed 25% larger (1/2" vs 1/2.5") but 0.008 Lux vs 0.01 Lux is hardly groundbreaking is it? Or is there more going on than this number suggests, to warrant the "DarkFighter" moniker?

Would be great to see some side-by-side images taken at the same time under the same low-light conditions.

We haven't captured a test video yet from the 2385G1, but plan to do so.
Customer feedback has been good.

Back