01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Cameras getting Offline on Hik-Connect when using different wifi or mobile data

Tonino

Hi,

I've recently installed a CCTV system (6Mp turret type cameras with 8 channel NVR model DS-7608NI-I2 / 8P). I use Hik-connect app to live view my house surrounding when I am not at home. It (Hik-connect app) works fine with no issue when I am at home and using same wifi that I use for the cctv system even when I select High Definition mode on the app it works perfectly .
Once I go to my workplace using different wifi or using my mobile data the Hik-connect app starts struggling to load the image and stops at 85%, 95%, etc.. warning message " Network is unstable. Connecting again..." and nvr and camera show offline in the app and I have to restart the nvr each time.
It shows online and records view when I check on my TV, only it goes off on the app. I've uninstalled/installed the app , logged out/in multiple times, checked the nvr firmware (latest) but still get the same problem.
I would appreciate if someone can please shed a light on the cause of this issue.
Much appreciate,

Attachments

• Offline (2).PNG
    Offline (2).PNG
    3 MB · Views: 2,927
The weak link is most likely to be your home internet connection uplink speed.
Run something like speedtest.net and see what internet connection speed you are getting for the uplink.

When you are away from home and access your CCTV it has to send the video 'up' to the internet.

Restarting the NVR will not help.
All is probably running fine at home.

You can try the Fluid setting at the bottom of the App, it may help a little.
But, if your uplink is too weak ...

The weak link is most likely to be your home internet connection uplink speed.
Run something like speedtest.net and see what internet connection speed you are getting for the uplink.

When you are away from home and access your CCTV it has to send the video 'up' to the internet.

Restarting the NVR will not help.
All is probably running fine at home.

You can try the Fluid setting at the bottom of the App, it may help a little.
But, if your uplink is too weak ...
Thanks Phil for the quick response, I've tested with Speedtest and as you've said my upload speed is slow: 0.79 Mbps Download is fast: 9.58 Mbps. I should call the Internet service provider tomorrow and complain.
Thanks again

Hi All. Having a similar problem. New installation working fine, until remote access via Samsung Galaxy S7 android using a different wifi or 4g network. Pictures instantly go offline, even if then accessed from same network that the hik system is on. Sky q router with wifi 35mbps download and 8mbps up. The hik box is hard wired into the router. Any thoughts / help greatly appreciated

I'm having the same issue. HikConnect was working fine earlier and now shows as devices offline.

Was there any resolution please?

Back