01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Can I connect a monitor directly to my QNAP NVR?

Phil

Administrator
Staff member
Trusted Member
No, not yet.

QNAP will be launching a range of Pro models later this year which allow you to directly connect a monitor via a VGA port on the rear of the NVR.

NB the currently available QNAP NVRs do have a VGA port on the rear but it is effectively not connected to anything.

Although this port is present we have been advised that it will not become 'active' via future firmware versions on the current NVR models.

NB the currently available QNAP NVRs do have a VGA port on the rear but it is effectively not connected to anything.

Although this port is present we have been advised that it will not become 'active' via future firmware versions on the current NVR models.

That's a bit naff, why ever not. Presumably the wires / tracks actually go somewhere otherwise why put the VGA port there in the first place? I already have a customer who would like to connect a screen directly to his device. Can you be persuaded to take it off the “Too Hard Heap” and offer firmware that will do the job?

Hello Ted,
That was a year old post.
All the current QNAP PRO NVR models allow you to directly connect a VGA monitor and USB mouse, and we'll soon start offering the very latest PRO+ models which allow you to connect HDMI monitors with audio.

Back