01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Can I retrieve overwritten recordings on my NVR?

AUSTIN

My Hikvision DS-9664NI-I8 had over write configuration, now incident occurred how can i get the overwritten video?

Hi @AUSTIN

Unfortunately, the NVR overwrites the footage once it has been filled, so overwritten data is wiped from the hard drive and usually cannot be recovered.

There are no guarantees, but your best options are to remove the hard drive from the NVR and use a hard drive data recovery service (which would be expensive) or data recovery software, of which there are some free options.

Hi @AUSTIN

Unfortunately, the NVR overwrites the footage once it has been filled, so overwritten data is wiped from the hard drive and usually cannot be recovered.

There are no guarantees, but your best options are to remove the hard drive from the NVR and use a hard drive data recovery service (which would be expensive) or data recovery software, of which there are some free options.
Thanks Kyle,
I have 4 drives with raid 5 on the NVR, now I am afraid if I remove if it could be access from a synology drive, because the raid controllers are different

Back