01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Can I turn off LED light of ColorVu cameras using V4 NVR firmware?

polarized-bear

Hi fellow forumers,

Been advised to always keep the system up to date to ensure that all security bugs are patched. So I have upgraded my DS-7604NI-K1 / 4P(B) from a V3 firmware to V4.30.000 build 200508. I got ColorVu cameras and they come with visible spectrum LEDs. The issue is that they are on all night and 2 of them disturbs my neighbors. On the V3 firmware I could turn them off here:
Untitled-2.jpg

However on the V4.30 firmware I don't have that setting:
Untitled-1.jpg

I can't find the setting on the web client (regardless of the browser) or the Hik-connect app or the iVMS-4200 or if I connect a monitor to the NVR directly. Virtual host is enabled. I also tried to downgrade with the web client but in firefox and chrome the file selection pop up window does not even pop up and from IE it says straight away that it failed.
How can I turn off those LEDs??? I had to turn off the whole system because of the complaints. Please help.

Last edited:
With virtual host enabled you should be able to log directly into the camera settings (not NVR) that'll give you more control over the camera individual features.

Go to system settings, camera management and then IP camera. Each camera will have an IP which you can click on to connect to, login using the IP camera username and password (usually same as the NVR unless explicitly set different) and find the settings in there.

Just make sure you're connected to the same local network as the NVR otherwise you'll have to faff with port forwarding the virtual host ports

Reactions: Dan
Even with virtual host enabled I still don't have the 'external devices' tab in system settings. Any ideas??

Even with virtual host enabled I still don't have the 'external devices' tab in system settings. Any ideas??
You're probably looking in the NVR webpage menu when you should be in the cameras webpage menu. The idea of enabling virtual host is to allow access to the individual cameras own webpage. To access the cameras webpages with virtual host enabled you can either do it:
  1. Indirectly - Access the NVR webpage and go to Configuration > System > Camera Management. The virtual host will have added a link for each camera that you can click on to open that cameras webpage in a new window/tab.
  2. Directly - Access the cameras webpage at http://NVR_IP_Address:6500x (where x is the camera number). For instance if your NVR IP address is 192.168.0.100 and it's camera 3 you're wanting to access - it would be http://192.168.0.100:65003

You're probably looking in the NVR webpage menu when you should be in the cameras webpage menu. The idea of enabling virtual host is to allow access to the individual cameras own webpage. To access the cameras webpages with virtual host enabled you can either do it:
  1. Indirectly - Access the NVR webpage and go to Configuration > System > Camera Management. The virtual host will have added a link for each camera that you can click on to open that cameras webpage in a new window/tab.
  2. Directly - Access the cameras webpage at http://NVR_IP_Address:6500x (where x is the camera number). For instance if your NVR IP address is 192.168.0.100 and it's camera 3 you're wanting to access - it would be http://192.168.0.100:65003
Thanks for the reply,

Just directly accessed the camera using the IP, I just don't seem to have the external device tab. See the photo I've attached.

Attachments

• IMG_20201122_100335__01.jpg
    IMG_20201122_100335__01.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 884
Thanks for the reply,

Just directly accessed the camera using the IP, I just don't seem to have the external device tab. See the photo I've attached.

Ah ok - you have the brand new 2347G2 ColorVu cameras just released? I've not managed to get my hands on one of those yet. Two things spring to mind:
  1. Hikvision may have moved the location of where you switch the light off on that model. Previously in the 2347G1 ColorVu cameras it was in System Settings > External Device. If it's moved it'll be in the Image section - check there.
  2. Did your camera come with that firmware of have you loaded it? The reason I ask is it's the same version and build as the G2 Acusense and I'd think the G2 ColorVu (which also has AcuSense) would have a different firmware but I could be wrong here.
Edit: Just checked point 2 and your model does use that same firmware. However there is a newer version 5.5.150 here - your camera model is included in the release notes supported models section:

Last edited:
Ah ok - you have the brand new 2347G2 ColorVu cameras just released? I've not managed to get my hands on one of those yet. Two things spring to mind:
  1. Hikvision may have moved the location of where you switch the light off on that model. Previously in the 2347G1 ColorVu cameras it was in System Settings > External Device. If it's moved it'll be in the Image section - check there.
  2. Did your camera come with that firmware of have you loaded it? The reason I ask is it's the same version and build as the G2 Acusense and I'd think the G2 ColorVu (which also has AcuSense) would have a different firmware but I could be wrong here.
Edit: Just checked point 2 and your model does use that same firmware. However there is a newer version 5.5.150 here - your camera model is included in the release notes supported models section:

Awesome, just updating the firmware now I'll let you know how I get on .

Sorted JB1970.

1 - Hikvision moved the location of where you access this control, I have looked there before but must of overlooked it.

It is in,

Image - Display Settings - Day/Night Switch.

Seems kind of obvious when you think about it.

Thanks for you help.

Attachments

• 16060517859992420243600702188872.jpg
    16060517859992420243600702188872.jpg
    6.5 MB · Views: 1,309
I'm having a problem with the LED on my ColorVu camera, but not always. Sometimes I notice that it doesn't come on even though it's pitch black outside. It seems the automatic function sometimes doesn't work as switching to schedule turns it on. Running the latest firmware as far as I can see.

DS-2CD2347G1-LU
V5.6.5 build 200316

Hib @puntoboy

Does increasing the sensitivity setting for the light help, or have you tried this already? This refers to the level available light needed in the scene before the camera will automatically call upon it's LED (Lower senstivity = Less light needed).

Did you find it switched it's LED on more reliably on an older firmware?

Hib @puntoboy

Does increasing the sensitivity setting for the light help, or have you tried this already? This refers to the level available light needed in the scene before the camera will automatically call upon it's LED (Lower senstivity = Less light needed).

Did you find it switched it's LED on more reliably on an older firmware?

Hi Kyle,

I've tried adjusting the sensitivity already, tried higher and lower values, but nothing seems to work consistently. It's currently set to 1.

I did upgrade the firmware last year, I can't remember when, but I don't know whether this coincided with the issue occurring, as it's not often I look at the camera at night.

I don't think it's a known issue with that firmware version on ColorVu cameras, so leave the sensitivity high (probably try it at its maximum one night), if anything. Setting it to 1 will contradict what you're trying to get the camera to do - perhaps try these settings in Internet Explorer as well.

Is there any backlighting at all, or does the scene get pitch black?

A hard reset of the camera might also help to get things working properly (Maintenance > Upgrade & Maintenance > Default)
If not, you may need to discuss a warranty replacement with your supplier, or just keep it on a 'Scheduled-Switch.'

I have just had my camara installed and i want to sort out the light setting but i dont seem to have them anywhere? I have looked at all of the above but im coming up blanks.... can somone offer me some comforting words of wisdom as to where i might find these settings lol.

1619616868639.png

Back