01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Can I use IVMS 4200 on low performance computer(Dell inspirion 570)?

kevin7505

Hi,
I have HikVision NVR.
And I installed IVMS 4200 for my Mac and PC.
It woks good on my Mac. However it doesn't work well in PCs

I have two PCs. Both are Dell inspirion 570 - 8gb ram. One use windows 10, and other sue windows 7
On one pc, after adding cameras in IVMS 4200, It doesn't show nothing in the live view.
on the other pc, after adding camera in IVMS 4200, it doesn't show nothing in the live view, and freeze
By the way, I have installed only 4 camera so far.

Is my PCs too old to run IVMS 4200?
If so, please let me know other software that I can use instead of IVMS 4200.

Thanks.

You don't mention what processors your PCs have, but with 8GB of RAM they don't look like very old/basic PCs.

Did you install just the Client program of iVMS-4200?

The latest version (V2.7.1.9) from here:
DOWNLOAD PORTAL

1532495602273.png

BTW - iVMS-4200 does seem to use a lot of RAM.
With just that single camera being displayed on that PC spec shown above (8GB of RAM) it was using 39% of the memory).
Ony iVMS was running i.e. all other programmes closed.

1532495823297.png

Thank you for reply.
Dell Inspiron 570 spec is like this--> Athlon II X2 250 3 GHz - 8 GB - 500 GB

Can you let me know what other program I can use?
I have DS-9632NI-ST NVR

Thanks.

Try accessing your NVR with Internet Explorer (not Edge).
Just type the NVR's IP address into the browser's address bar.

Yes I know it, and I use the IE for now.
is there other software that I can use?

I don't like to use IE because I need to log in and have to set up every day to see live view...

Hi, I have HikVision NVR. And I installed IVMS 4200 for my Mac and PC. It woks good on my Mac. However it doesn't work well in PCs I have two PCs. Both are Dell inspirion 570 - 8gb ram. One use windows 10, and other sue windows 7 On one pc, after adding cameras in IVMS 4200, It doesn't show nothing in the live view. on the other pc, after adding camera in IVMS 4200, it doesn't show nothing in the live view, and freeze By the way, I have installed only 4 camera so far. Is my PCs too old to run IVMS 4200? If so, please let me know other software that I can use instead of IVMS 4200. Thanks.

I used it 2 years ago... worked fine then

Back