01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Can QNAP NVRs record the Sanyo VCC-HD4000P in h.264 format?

Phil

Administrator
Staff member
Trusted Member
Not right now, but they will be able to in the next firmware release (V3.2.2) available to download from their website from mid-July 2010.

This is good news. Having purchased a NVR-104V in the last six months, do you know if they will be keeping the Sanyo compatibility to the P model only?

Adding a further two cameras is imminent, but as the existing one is a Vivotek, I feel this will model differentiation will force me into purchasing the same IP7161 model again. A fine camera, but 4MP would be nice.

QNAP NVR compatibility with the Sanyo HD cameras

Hi Miles,

That's odd, I hadn't noticed that QNAP's camera compatibility charts show that the NVR104P can manage the Sanyo HD range but not the NVR104V NVR.

Essentially, the NVR104P is termed P for Panasonic, it has built-in compatibility for the Panasonic range of IP cameras (and cannot manage Vivotek IP cameras).
The NVR104V is termed V for Vivotek, it has compatibility for the Vivotek range of IP cameras, but not Panasonic.

No idea why the P model has had Sanyo HD compatibility added and not the V model. We know that the P/V split was originally made due to the NVRs limited built-in memory capacity being insufficient to store all of the profiles of all the available IP cameras, so have to assume that adding the Sanyo range to just the P model is a continuation of this. [Canon cameras are on the P and not the V, Cisco are on the V and not the P, D-Link are on the V and not the P, Ganz are on the V and not the P ...). Hence, it's unlikely that the Sanyo HD cameras will now be added to the NVR104V.

The NVR104 (P or V) can only house a single 1 Terabyte hard disc, to record from a maximum of four IP cameras.

QNAP recommend that customers use VioStor VS-2008 and upwards for use with megapixel cameras.

Thanks for the reply Phil.

Unfortunately the increase from one to three cameras and wanting to go for 4MP with H.264 where possible, does mean that it looks like I'll have to bite the bullet and look at putting a VS-2008 in place of the 104V.

Back