01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Can see IP camera image everywhere but NVR?

Des

Just can work this out.

I have hard wired ZXtech IP camera working many months, stopped seeing image via NVR(ZXTech)

I can see image on IE and Onvifer just not on NVR

I have changed IP address same result
Changed resolution on cam software & NVR several times no change
Changed Streams, Changed Frame Rates, switched everything on and off (apart from router & switch), changed stuff I dont know what it does.
IPs all outside DHCP range

I dont know where to go now. All other cameras (3) fine

I have made no recent software updates. I view my cams via the NVR ip address and login through IE

Having laid out my problem visually, I think I will try resetting to factory default next

Just a quickie, do you have a monitor connected to the NVR, and if so does the problem camera show-up on the direct-connected monitor OK?

Phil, I will try this tonight when I get home thanks.

Phil, sorry took route of least resistance. This camera always loses all settings as soon as power is cut and reverts to default IP address. I cut power for one second, found it (via NVR) on default setting, changed IP back to original - now all good!

As a supplementary , do these cameras have a battery or capacitor that fails, so settings lost immediately power is cut?

As a supplementary , do these cameras have a battery or capacitor that fails, so settings lost immediately power is cut?

It's hard to know for any brand, but that is typical of older electronic devices; although not something we typically experience nor have feedback from customers of with IP cameras and NVRs.

Back