01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Can someone identify this CCTV camera?

johnkimon

Hello all

A neighbour has installed a CCTV camera at the rear of his house. This has upset other neighbours who claim it overlooks their patios and gardens. He is adamant that it can only capture his garden and not anyone else's. I've attached images of his camera, which I believe is this camera. The specifications suggest a viewing angle of 110 degrees. Is this considered a wide angle view? To me, it seems a camera with such a view would capture much more than the garden of one property – the properties are fairly small. Am I right? Also, would the in-built microphone, which I think this camera has, be able to capture audio from neighbouring properties. Again, we're not talking about massive distances between homes. Thanks in advance for any help.

Attachments

• IMG_1162.JPG
    IMG_1162.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 264
  • S1240003.JPG
    S1240003.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 275
Last edited:
Looks like it is a 2mp camera and the 110 degree angle makes me presume it is 2.8mm which means it will be quite a wide angle but with less detail the further away you go.
Unless you were within about a metre of the camera I cant imagine it being able to pick up sound in another garden.

With a 2.8mm lense this camera is more intended to a front door or porch, especially with the microphone, rather than mounted high up on the house wall.

Back