01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Can you recommend non Hikvision cameras to connect to my Hikvision NVR?

Muyengolo

Hi all... I'm new to this site and would appreciate some advise from the experts .
I have 2 hikvision Poe cameras for my main house connected to an NVR. But I have also have a cat6 network cable that runs to my shed (port X on my patch panel) where I would like to install 2 additional IP cameras (not necessarily hikvision). I have also just bought a 5 port gigabit hub for the shed.
Can you please advise:
  • Non-hikvision good 1080p IP cams
  • How I can connect these 2 new cams to the NVR in the main house as I only have one cat 5 cable running to the shed/ 5 port hub so I can view on the hikvision app
Any advise will be highly appreciated.
Many thanks
Muyen

Your new 5-port switch in the shed will allow you to add additional IP cameras to your network.
You can then configure your NVR to add these cameras at their network IP addresses i.e. they do not need to plug-in directly to the NVR.
We would recommend purchasing cameras from the same brand e.g. Hikvision.
The Hikvision NVR will accept other brands and should be happy with any model of IP camera that conforms to the ONVIF standard.

Thanks for your response Phil.
I bought a Reolink IP Cam (RLC-520) to work with my HikVision NVR and according to the tech spec supports the ONVIF protocol, so will have to test and find out, but will definitely keep you posted.
Many thanks again.
Muyen

You may be out of luck. The ONVIF "S" rating is the one which gives you motion capture and only one Reolink camera (RLC-410WS) has it, according to the ONVIF website. ONVIF 2.1 support, which Reolink claim, may give you a live feed but it's unlikely to afford full functionality.

Hi macman and thanks for your reply.
I did look into this and yes you're right. Motion capture on the RLC-520 is not supported on my NVR.
I've since ordered an 8MP turret from hikvision for a bit more.
Many thanks all.
M

Back