01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Can you run HikConnect on AppleTV?

Sonic007

Centurion!
Trusted Member
I cant seem to find the HikConnect app on the AppleTV app store and wondered if there was a way of adding it?

Anyone been able to do this?

Thanks.

I cant seem to find the HikConnect app on the AppleTV app store and wondered if there was a way of adding it?

Anyone been able to do this?

Thanks.

As far as we are aware there are no TV apps for Hikvision, the only way to get your NVR up on a Smart TV is to hard connect with an HDMI cable or possibly browse to the NVRs IP address using Smart TVs browser. This 2nd option will not work with all TVs and even those that do have browser will not be a user-friendly as a direct HDMI connection and you may have browser plug-in issues.

Thanks Dan, I thought it may not be possible.

The NVR is up in the loft so not easy to run more cables down.

I might see if I can stick a mini PC behind the TV and connect that up instead and access via the browser.

I've successfully managed to get hik-connect APK on a firestick before. Just Google how to download android apks on a firestick and just replicate for the hik-connect app.

The holy grail of getting camera alerts to pop up automatically on the TV without having to switch input should be possible with HDMI-CEC.

Last edited:
This would be awesome if you could get hik connect on an Apple TV box. Don’t know why it’s not possibly the legit way.

Back