01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Can you "snap" to the next event on iVMS-4200 timeline during continual recording?

michaelc

Hi Everybody,

I've used event based recording on my iVMS/4200/Storage Server setup for a long time, but was getting frustrated with Motion Detection events not activating for the entire duration of a person being in the Motion Detection zone. This would result in recording stopping too early. It would happily start when someone walked into the zone, but if they remained in the zone and wandered around, it would stop detecting them.

I was also not happy with the limited duration of Pre-Record that is allowed with the higher resolution/frame rates.

So I now have continual recording (blue) and can see the events (red) overlaid in the timeline when playing back video (see attached) which is working very well. During playback I can see an event and also any video on either side of it too :)

The only thing that I can't seem to do is to "snap" directly to the next event on the timeline/recording. I have to manually grab the timeline and slide it to the next event.

Is there a way to immediately jump/skip to the next event during playback? When I was using Event Recording, if I dragged the timeline past the current video I was viewing, it would immediately jump to the next event.

I can use the filter to remove the continual recording from the timeline and only leave events, but this does not allow the same functionality during playback where it would jump to the next event.

Any ideas? Surely there has to be a way :)

Michael.

Attachments

• Event.jpg
    Event.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 274
Back