01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

cannot access DS-2CD2342WD via SADPTool

Sharper9

I have two of the above cams connect to Qnap.
About a month ago I notice an orange '?' alongside one of the cameras, but thought its working leave alone.
I was getting complaints from my better half that the times where an hour out on the cameras an decided to sort it yesterday.
Sorted one fine but the other would not allow access the IP admin or SADPTool. Could not change the password or anything.
I bit the bullet and removed the camera from the PoE port thinking this would "reboot" the 'little blighter'....nothing.
I am disabled and unable to climb up to the eves of the house to physically touch the cam.
I have tried the hikvision device management online, but that needs a verification code which I now learn is on the 'little blighter'!
any help would gratefully be appreciated.

This is my current state of play.

hik1.jpg

Hi,
SADP is really THE most basic way of finding your camera.
If it is on your network, alive and responding, then SADP should find it.
Even if the IP address is wrong/invalid.
Even if you don't know user name / passwords etc.

So, I'm afraid it's not a good sign if it is not showing-up in SADP.
The camera may have failed.
The cable may have failed.

I'd suggest that the next step would be to get somebody to fetch it down for you, then test it again using a short bought patch lead from your POE switch.

BTW - in case there is a problem with your POE switch, port, etc. Try swapping the ports i.e. just plug the cable to the camera that is not currently working into the port that you know currently powers the other camera OK.

Sorry Phil my description was not very good. Here is the SADP screen

hik2.jpg

As you can see SADP can see both cams but I can access only .41
.40 will not allow me to sign in from any admin or change the password.
All camera IP's show up on the network, but .40 is inaccessible ATM.

Sorry for the confution.

Your firmware is quite out of date (at least eight updates).
The problem camera may have been hacked.
You'll need to go through the 'forgot password' process and ask your reseller / Hikvision Tech Support for a password reset code.

Once you regain access, please update to the latest version of firmware for your camera (V5.5.5) available here:
DOWNLOAD PORTAL

Best to update the camera you can access ASAP.

Please follow our guide to updating Hikvision camera firmware

Spoke to Hikvision and they will not help.
Flabbergasted Phil.
Thanks for your help though.

Last edited:
Why wouldn't Hikvision help you?
Can you contact your installer/reseller?

All sorted
Going to have to figure out how to upgrade firmware. ATM I can’t get the ip admin shell using chrome to browse for the new firmware sitting on my desktop.

Don’t buy from eBay would be my thought for the day!

Use Internet Explorer (not Edge)

Back