01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Cannot Get Push Notifications

Philip 123

I CANNOT get push notifications on my Hik Connect app on my Android phone using Line Crossing and Intrusion.
I can get Push notifications using Motion which is as much use as a chocolate teapot as there are to many false alarms.

I've been looking on the forums for an answer and after reading all the threads, it is an extremely widespread problem and for me, it is really serious.

It looks like the Hik Connect app does not work properly.

I have not found a solution after scouring hundreds of threads.

I have tried iVMS 4500 but it will not let me register push notifications.

In 2022 Microsoft are withdrawing their support for Internet Explorer 11 so what are we all going to do then.

What on earth can we all do to MAKE Hikvision do something about all of this.

I've spoken to the company that sold my CCTV to me in 2018 and he said,
"the new NVR's are still using Internet Explorer 11"
I can hardly believe this. I want to buy more cameras and another NVR but I certainly will not be buying Hikvision because in 2022, I might not be able to access the interface because of No more IE11

Just in case I have something entered wrong here are my details:-

I have DDNS enabled

I have updated The NVR and all the cameras to the latest Firmware.

I have checked the box Notify Surveillance Center on Intrusion and Line Crossing.

I have enabled Push Notifications on the app in both places.

I have disabled Do not disturb on my phone.

I have disabled WiFi and enabled Mobile Data and vice versa and both on.

I have disabled my firewall.

I have allowed The interface IP on the firewall.

Can anyone help

Last edited:
Vivotek AI Network Video Recorders
I CANNOT get push notifications on my Hik Connect app on my Android phone using Line Crossing and Intrusion.
I can get Push notifications using Motion which is as much use as a chocolate teapot as there are to many false alarms.

I've been looking on the forums for an answer and after reading all the threads, it is an extremely widespread problem and for me, it is really serious.

It looks like the Hik Connect app does not work properly.

I have not found a solution after scouring hundreds of threads.

I have tried iVMS 4500 but it will not let me register push notifications.

In 2022 Microsoft are withdrawing their support for Internet Explorer 11 so what are we all going to do then.

What on earth can we all do to MAKE Hikvision do something about all of this.

I've spoken to the company that sold my CCTV to me in 2018 and he said,
"the new NVR's are still using Internet Explorer 11"
I can hardly believe this. I want to buy more cameras and another NVR but I certainly will not be buying Hikvision because in 2022, I might not be able to access the interface because of No more IE11

Just in case I have something entered wrong here are my details:-

I have DDNS enabled

I have updated The NVR and all the cameras to the latest Firmware.

I have checked the box Notify Surveillance Center on Intrusion and Line Crossing.

I have disabled Do not disturb on my phone.

I have disabled WiFi and enabled Mobile Data and vice versa and both on.

I have disabled my firewall.

I have allowed The interface IP on the firewall.

Can anyone help
The first thing to confirm is - are the line crossing and intrusion detection events occurring locally? Can you see them listed in the logs or view them triggering live on the locally connected monitor? Sounds obvious but start at the beginning - is the event configured and working correctly?

Where did you configure the events? Best to configure them via the NVR interface rather than the camera.

I have DDNS enabled

I guess you mean you've configured DDNS in the Hik Connect app, entering the server and http port numbers and inputting your admin password?

Have you also ensured notifications are enabled in your iOS/Android settings? Also check that the app has "Local Network Access" enabled (I've found this has switched itself off a few times in iOS causing me connection issues while connected locally)

How does the app connect to your system? For push notifications to work at all the system cannot be connected using IP address or DDNS - it MUST be connected via the Hik Connect service (annoying but a requirement)

Thank you for the reply JB,
The Event Log has logged motion events but no Line Crossing or Intrusion Detection.

All notifications have been enabled on the Hik-Connect app.

The event is configured correctly to the best of my knowledge but not working correctly.

I have configure them via the NVR interface rather than the camera.

The Hik-Connect app shows Live view and Push Notifications for Motion detection correctly.

The DDNS has the same password and Device name in the app and the interface. The server address on the interface is my public IP. The ports are the same.
For "Local Network Access" To configure the network on the Hik-Connect app I used scan the QR code.

I do not know how the app connects for push notifications.

Thank you for the reply JB,
The Event Log has logged motion events but no Line Crossing or Intrusion Detection.

All notifications have been enabled on the Hik-Connect app.

The event is configured correctly to the best of my knowledge but not working correctly.

I have configure them via the NVR interface rather than the camera.

The Hik-Connect app shows Live view and Push Notifications for Motion detection correctly.

The DDNS has the same password and Device name in the app and the interface. The server address on the interface is my public IP. The ports are the same.
For "Local Network Access" To configure the network on the Hik-Connect app I used scan the QR code.

I do not know how the app connects for push notifications.
Ok so if you scanned the QR code, the app is connected to your system using the HikConnect service, which is needed for push notifications.

If line crossing/intrusion aren’t showing in the log, the issue is not a push notification/app issue but a problem with the event/event configuration itself. The fact that you can get push notifications from a motion detection alarm prove the end to end process is fine IE event trigger > notified to HikConnect server > notification pushed to device. All good.

Try deleting and setting up a temporary line crossing again. Keep it simple - sensitivity to 100, both directions and don’t set min/max size. Set it to go full screen on your monitor and/or to set off the audible beep on the recorder. Test that and make sure it works as it’s the smart event rather than the notification that’s the problem.

If it doesn’t work still; log into the camera directly. You need to check that Smart Events is selected as if the camera is set to either Face Capture or Monitoring, only basic events (motion) will work and that will be the issue.

Hi where on the app do you enable Push notifications in both places?

I have the hik-connect App version 4.19 and I can't see where the 2 push notification options are.

Please help, I am struggling to get the notification to my phone.

I've just got an Hikvision NVR system and too had issues with push notifications using HikConnect on Android.

After much research it transpires that there is an issue with certain Samsung phones (maybe others) which suppress the notifications unless the phone is unlocked, or plugged into power. This is due to a power saving feature of Android called 'Doze' mode, and the HikConnect (and iVMS-4500 app) does not work nicely with it. Every other Android app I have including the Ring camera app works just fine, so it must be down to poor programming on HikVisions part, by not implementing the notifications method correctly. Some technical details on how it's supposed to be implemented here: https://developer.android.com/training/monitoring-device-state/doze-standby

One option I found is to disable Doze mode as described here: https://windroidwiz.wordpress.com/2...le-doze-to-extend-battery-life-of-your-phone/ which works but I found that my battery runs down faster, and you need to repeat this process every time you reboot the phone.

In addition, the notification feature in HikConnect is rather basic in my opinion - for example with Ring cameras you can allocate different notification sounds/actions to different cameras in the Ring app, in HikConnect you can allocate one sound which applies to all notifications. HikConnect also doesn't give you a snapshot image alongside the notification, which Ring does.

So I'm in the process of working on an alternative method of receiving notifications using Home Assistant (https://www.home-assistant.io/) and the Home Assistant companion app on Android.
It takes quite a bit of work to setup and helps if you are a computer geek, but I now have a satisfactory notification setup where I can assign different tones to different cameras, customise the notification title and message text per camera, and send a snapshot of the camera view alongside the notification.
The other benefit of doing this is you can integrate with other systems, for example I have a text-to-speech routine setup so that when motion is detected it announces it over all the Google Home speakers in the house, saying 'Motion detected at <whatever camera>'. Which might become annoying after a while, but can be turned off!

Not sure if that helps, but the Android app just seems to be pretty basic, and buggy in my experience

In my case, I get motion notifcations but not any other smart events.
Smart events - like line crossing detection are recorded in logs each time. But I get maybe only 1 out of 100 events. Checking manually past events in HIK Connect does not show missing notifications either. Like they were never sent to hik servers.
I only get those smart notifications when I enable Email notification. Then both: email and push-notifications work perfectly each time. It appears as those smart events piggy-back on connection opened to send emails. So I replaced my my Asus router with another model and no improvement whatsoever. So eihter my ISP (PlusNet) is blocking this traffic (unlikely) or here is some bug that affects minority of people but not others. Several other people reported the similar issue on this forum.

In my case, I get motion notifcations but not any other smart events.
Smart events - like line crossing detection are recorded in logs each time. But I get maybe only 1 out of 100 events. Checking manually past events in HIK Connect does not show missing notifications either. Like they were never sent to hik servers.
I only get those smart notifications when I enable Email notification. Then both: email and push-notifications work perfectly each time. It appears as those smart events piggy-back on connection opened to send emails. So I replaced my my Asus router with another model and no improvement whatsoever. So eihter my ISP (PlusNet) is blocking this traffic (unlikely) or here is some bug that affects minority of people but not others. Several other people reported the similar issue on this forum.
This may not be relevant given the comments you made about enabling email notifications but... I remember reading somewhere that Hik-Connect will only send you notifications one per minute and in my experience that's the case. Two close event generate only the alert for the first one, yet I do get emails for everything and they all show up in the NVR interface.

As I say, it may not be relevant and would depend how you are testing to a large extent.

I’ve got similar issues. I’m running an i series NVR and POC system in my house. The poc kicks out notifications no issue.
I’d put the the lack of notifications on the NVR down to me messing about to much with 4K darkfighter test cam - they worked fine out the box. Took delivery of the new 4K colorvu turrets, configured the event, went for a walk in front of the camera and not a thing from Hik-Connect. I can only assume this is an NVR issue. Been through the settings multiple times, now got someone booked to remote in to mine next week to get to the bottom of the issues.

I’ve got similar issues. I’m running an i series NVR and POC system in my house. The poc kicks out notifications no issue.
I’d put the the lack of notifications on the NVR down to me messing about to much with 4K darkfighter test cam - they worked fine out the box. Took delivery of the new 4K colorvu turrets, configured the event, went for a walk in front of the camera and not a thing from Hik-Connect. I can only assume this is an NVR issue. Been through the settings multiple times, now got someone booked to remote in to mine next week to get to the bottom of the issues.
Sometimes things don't work (correctly) immediately when replacing cameras on a system that is already connected to Hik Connect. Usually a reboot of the NVR, disable/re-enable of Hik Connect in Platform access menu on the NVR, log out/log in on the app clear things up. There are similar issues with camera names not immediately being updated in the Hik Connect app after replacement.

Sometimes things don't work (correctly) immediately when replacing cameras on a system that is already connected to Hik Connect. Usually a reboot of the NVR, disable/re-enable of Hik Connect in Platform access menu on the NVR, log out/log in on the app clear things up. There are similar issues with camera names not immediately being updated in the Hik Connect app after replacement.
One thing I have found is that although email notifications work it needs a reboot of the NCR as they stop working.

Does anyone have a walkthrough for setting up the Hik-Connect to receive notifications, maybe screen shots? I still can't the two places where notifications need to be enabled.

One thing I have found is that although email notifications work it needs a reboot of the NCR as they stop working.

Does anyone have a walkthrough for setting up the Hik-Connect to receive notifications, maybe screen shots? I still can't the two places where notifications need to be enabled.
Plenty of guides on this forum from the Use-IP staff. The only thing you need to enable on the event in the NVR is "notify surveillance center". The NVR must be connected to Hik-Connect, you can't just use the app and connect to the NVR using it's IP address as it won't work - it has to be connected to Hik Connect. When you open the app and login to your Hik Connect account the NVR should appear and notifications should work, so long as you've allowed them in Android or iOS settings of the phone.

Plenty of guides on this forum from the Use-IP staff. The only thing you need to enable on the event in the NVR is "notify surveillance center". The NVR must be connected to Hik-Connect, you can't just use the app and connect to the NVR using it's IP address as it won't work - it has to be connected to Hik Connect. When you open the app and login to your Hik Connect account the NVR should appear and notifications should work, so long as you've allowed them in Android or iOS settings of the phone.
I have done this the device is connected to Hik-Connect and Notify surveillance centre is enabled too. On the App I am logged in to Hik-Connect as I can see my account details on 'Account Management' within the app and Manage Push notifications is ON.

I am not a CCTV expert so I don't really know what Trigger Alarm Output etc mean (even though I have tried to work that out online).

I just enabled Motion detection and I definitely get emails just not any push notifications. I also have changed the notification settings on the phone to allow them.

1637057705318.png

1637057644112.png

I have finally worked this out and your reply helped.

What I did was start again...

The issue was that I had used IP/Domain to connect to the HIkVision Device as opposed to adding it via the QR Code. I was logged in to my HikVision account but with hindsight I guess this doesn't mean the account is actually bound to the HikVision device.

Hence what worked for me was that I went to HikVision Online and added my device i.e. connected it to my account using its Serial Number. (Got the serial number from the System Settings Web Gui - had to do some research to actually work out which part of the long number was the 9 digit serial number).
This now meant My Account was connected\ bound to the device.

I then uninstalled the Hik-Connect Mobile App from my android phone and reinstalled from the HikVison website. This to remove any wrong configuration.

1637064291416.png

As part of the setup gave the necessary allow permissions and made the recommended changes to allow push notifications.

Once the app was installed and running I added to the Hikvision NVR device. Initially I added using the serial number but I received no live feed so I used the QR Code. Although the device was showing there was no Live Feeds - the camera Descriptions were correct but the feeds were offline. ( This is why I added using the 2 different methods).

As I wasn't getting any live feeds I though to restart the phone in case the permissions for the app had not been applied correctly. On restart the Live Feeds showed.

The next thing I did was turned on Notifications and push notifications started coming through!!

I need to get this working for some more users, basically they are working in a remote office, way from the surveillance centre and they need to be alerted when someone crosses the main line in to the building.

Would I be correct in thinking that I need them to create Accounts on HikVision and then connect the device to their accounts. Currently we all used IP\DOmain to connect to the HikVision Live and this might be confusing unless its a bug and it should also work using that method.

Hope the above helps someone.

Thank you

The issue was that I had used IP/Domain to connect to the HIkVision Device as opposed to adding it via the QR Code. I was logged in to my HikVision account but with hindsight I guess this doesn't mean the account is actually bound to the HikVision device.
Yes - with IP/Domain you're directly connected, at least as direct as you can be through the internet. Unfortunately the push notifications to the Hik Connect app are only supported if you're connected via the Hik Connect service. When you're using the app, you're not necessarily using the service - unless you have a device registered to your account and you are logged in. It does come up quite a lot - it would be better if the app and service had different names to avoid this confusion,

With regard to the other users. They need their own Hik Connect account. Then you share access/invite them via the app. Now I can't remember if they will only get live view/playback or whether they will also get notifications (as once a device is registered with Hik Connect, the "owner" of that device is set). Someone else will chime in with the answer to that one.

It’s really strange. More less the moment I posted that message, my 4K darkfighter picked up an owl, and proceeded to send a further 5-6 spider web notifications thereafter. Then not a thing today despite setting a separate motion. That and the fact I’ve got inbound audio working and recording (thanks for your help with that), tells me the IP config to HC is all good. I shall let you know the verdict that the IP guru gives on it.
Still not a peak from the Colourvu. Again audio and live view/playback great.

5-6 spider web notifications thereafter
I have the AcuSense models, yours sound like the SpideySense version!

Sounds like something network related if the alarms work but notifications don’t. If you’ve got two systems (your NVR and PoC DVR) connected through to Hik Connect via the same router, my best guess would be that it’s a port related issue. I'm not sure of your network setup, but I’d probably alter the port numbers for both systems, port forward the two sets of ports in the router to the respective static local IP's of each system, then key in that port information in the HikConnect app for each system in the "Configure DDNS" section of the app. That will keep everything separate with no chance of conflict. Whereas if you've enabled NAT in each system and are using UPnP, letting each system map the ports you could have a conflict.

I have the AcuSense models, yours sound like the SpideySense version!

Sounds like something network related if the alarms work but notifications don’t. If you’ve got two systems (your NVR and PoC DVR) connected through to Hik Connect via the same router, my best guess would be that it’s a port related issue. I'm not sure of your network setup, but I’d probably alter the port numbers for both systems, port forward the two sets of ports in the router to the respective static local IP's of each system, then key in that port information in the HikConnect app for each system in the "Configure DDNS" section of the app. That will keep everything separate with no chance of conflict. Whereas if you've enabled NAT in each system and are using UPnP, letting each system map the ports you could have a conflict.
I’ve got some Spiderex for those, seems a bimonthly job through! Lol

It’s really bizarre. Out the box the notifications worked fine, wasn’t until I started playing with image settings that I started getting issues.

Yes both NVR and DVR on same 4G network and both are showing in HC.

Update:-
After I did a Factory reset on the NVR all my problems disappeared.

See my post called:-

Solved: Not able to get Push Notifications​

Back