01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Cannot login to my Hikvision

Bluenose1940

Centurion!
Trusted Member
A short time ago I had a message pop up on my pc screen whilst using Hikvision that mentioned an update or plug-in was available, I can't remember exactly what it said but, I clicked on it and now when I type in the IP address to get to the Hikvision site and try to use Live-View it just goes round and round, i.e. when I try to activate the live-view the screen goes blank and I arrive back at the log-in screen.
has anyone else reported a problem like this?

Vivotek AI Network Video Recorders
Have you just updated the firmware on your Hikvision devices?
Often there is a newer web component needed to view live video in your browser after a firmware update - I am guessing this is what you saw.

What Hikvision devices do you have please?
And what firmware are they each running?

The NVR is DS-7604NI-K1/4P(B) Firmware v3.4.99 Build 171121

Camera is DS-2CD2155FWD-I Firmware v5.5.61 Build 180718

Thank you

I have just tried it all again and am still getting the same problem but, i spotted an error message at the bottom of the screen that only appeared very briefly.

The message was, "A problem with this webpage caused Internet Explorer to close and re-open the tab"

Does this provide any additional information that might help someone come up with a solution?

Often when there are Hikvision product firmware updates you will need to download and install a new web components file.
The pop-up that you spotted was the camera or NVR offering this to you.
You may have downloaded it but not yet installed it.

It will normally show in your Downloads folder, and look similar to the below.
Like me, you may have many different versions, saved on different dates:

1539864715069.png

You need to install the most recently (newest) version that you have.

You MUST close all browsers before installing it e.g. Chrome, Internet Explorer, etc.

If problems persist, I would recommend installing it immediately after a restart of your PC.

To install it, just double-click the WebComponents file and follow the prompts.

yet another lesson learned today! You people are so amazing and the help that you offer is so very gratefully received.

I followed your instructions in your last post and everything now works absolutely fine again so thank you so much once again.

EDIT at 10.15am Spoke too soon methinks. Whilst Live View and Playback is working fine, a click on 'Virtual Host IP Address' results in the problem rearing its head again, i.e. the error message reappears. I have tried switching off the computer completely and then re-installing the WebComponents again and once again I have Live View and Playback but then............you know the rest!
Interestingly after clicking on Virtual Host, the Hikvision message comes up saying that a newer version is available "do I want to download it" even though I only downloaded it and installed it a few minutes previously.

Last edited:
Back