01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Cannot set up Face Detection on HiLook PTZ-N2404I-DE3 and iDS-7208HUHI-K1 Turbo DVR

iwols

hi all using a hik ids 7208 huhi k1 and my analogue cameras can be setup for face detection but all my 3 ip cameras dont allow an option for face detection on the recorder am i missing something ,one of my cameras is the hilook PTZ-N2404I-DE3 which has face detection hilighted in the camera itself as well thanks

Hi @iwols

I think that you'll need to use a HiLook NVR with the PTZ to set up face detection through the NVR - the Turbo DVR that you have the camera connected to is likely limiting the features on the camera that you can access.

However, as the PTZ is an IP camera and I'm assuming connected directly to your LAN, you should be able to use its IP address to access it directly in a web browser.

If so, you should be able to configure Face Detection by following the steps in the below screenshot from the PTZ-N2404I-DE3 User Manual.

1603455484602.png

Please note that you'll need to record to a microSD card installed in the camera in order to save recordings based on the instances of facial detection, as you are enabling the feature on the camera itself rather than the DVR.

hi thanks all those are set on the camera but its on the nvr that it does not give me the option for using the camera for face detection ,all the analogue cameras have this option available thanks

The fact that you're connecting a HiLook IP camera to a Pro-Series analogue DVR is likely why the option is not available on your recorder but is for the analogue cameras.

The HiLook range uses different software to your DVR, which will be the main issue.

With the hybrid DVRs, you're often also limited in what you can do on the IP cameras that are on them.

Is the firmware on both the camera and DVR up-to-date? If so, it will be due to limited compatibility between the PTZ and DVR, which is why the only way of using face detection would be to do so on the camera only, with it recording local storage (microSD), rather than the DVR. You would need to use a HiLook DVR with the PTZ to have full compatibility between the two.

Thanks for that explanation with hilook being hikvision i thought they might be compatable, will have a look and see what hikvision ip cameras do face detection ,cheers

think both softwares on dvr and camera are upto date,the ones on the hik site seem to be older than the ones on them already
website IPDHL_R7_EN_STD_5.6.0_190128
on camera V5.6.14 build 190826

??

Last edited:
Hi @iwols

The HiLook PTZs do not seem to have their own firmware folder on the Hikvision download portal, but when looking at the release note for the v5.6.0 firmware on the Hik website it suggests the R7 firmware is similar for the HiLook and professional Hikvision cameras so potentially you may be able to update with the latest R7 PTZ firmware (v5.6.15) but if not then the model you have pre-installed will be the latest.

Back