01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Cannot unbind - I get this error message "Only the device in the same region with the software can be unbound from this account"

Phillip

For the camera that says it has been added, I think you are going to have to try unbinding the device using SADP and then try adding it to the Hik-connect portal.

We always recommend people add cameras/NVRs directly to the online portal and not via the app as it is often the case that devices added via the app are only linked to the app via the local LAN connection and so when you then try and access remotely you can't see the cameras. When you add the device to the portal you link the remote access app to Hikvision cloud server and the cloud server to the camera, doing this creates a simple but secure link for footage to leave the cameras on your local network and pass over the internet to reach the remote Hik-Connect application whatever network it is on. (e.g. Public WiFi, 3G, 4G, etc...)

Hi Dan,

I am trying to unbind a device from a previous account to my account, the problem is I keep getting the error "Only the device in the same area with the software can be unbound from its account."
Any assistance will be a huge help.

Phillip

Solution
Sorted. ;)
After emailing every Hikvision support address I could find online (because UK/EU wouldn't even reply :mad:), thankfully Hikvision China took the challenge. They found that the original/bound Hik-Connect account lacked regional info, once they changed this to UK I was able to unbind via the usual method & bind it to my acct. Only the acct owner or a Hikvision support rep can do this...

So, there are circumstances where tech support is required to unbind from a previous Hik-Connect acct, but if you persevere you will get there!
Hi @Phillip

Is the SADP Tool you are using on the same local network as the device you are trying to unbind? Are you on a hard-wired network connection or using a WiFi connection? (e.g. on a laptop or mobile device)

Upvote 0
Hi @Phillip

Is the SADP Tool you are using on the same local network as the device you are trying to unbind? Are you on a hard-wired network connection or using a WiFi connection? (e.g. on a laptop or mobile device)
Hi @Dan
Yes I am in the same LAN, I am using a Wifi Connection on the PC running the SADP as well as on the phone with the Hik-connect app. all my devices are on the same subnet and getting dhcp from one router.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi @Phillip

It is probably the WiFi connection that is the issue, we have seen problems before we users not seeing cameras/NVRs with SADP, not being able to activate devices, and not being able to unbind devices when using SADP on a device that is wirelessly connected to their local network.

You will need to use a PC or laptop that is hard-wired to a local network switch or directly into your router.

Upvote 0
Hi @Phillip

It is probably the WiFi connection that is the issue, we have seen problems before we users not seeing cameras/NVRs with SADP, not being able to activate devices, and not being able to unbind devices when using SADP on a device that is wirelessly connected to their local network.

You will need to use a PC or laptop that is hard-wired to a local network switch or directly into your router.
Hi @Dan,
Thanks for the help. The error has now changed when i moved to another LAN with it and it says,

"Only the device in the same region with the software can be unbound from this account."

Please advise on what the solution could be.

Phillip

Upvote 0
Can you upload a screenshot with this error message please?

Upvote 0
Maybe it would be better to unbind your device using your hik-connect from mobile phone.
Connect your mobile phone on Wifi that is in same network as your device. Go into manual add, enter device SN and you'll see on what acc device is, and below you'll see unbind device.

Upvote 0
i have a same error, what can i do ?

Attachments

• error.png
    error.png
    41.2 KB · Views: 2,948
Upvote 0
Take note of the words behind the error message with regard to setting the region to other.

Download the latest version of SADP (V3.0.2.4) from here:

See the attached Release Notes on setting the region to other, and then try again to unbind.

Attachments

• SADP v3.0.2.4 Release Notes.pdf
    369 KB · Views: 1,561
Upvote 0
Despite the above version being THE newest I could find at the portals, when I installed it and allowed it to check for updates it then found a newer version V3.0.4.2 which I have now installed (and it does seem to be THE latest).

1601901171159.png

From the user manual for that latest version (attached), here are the unbind instructions:

1601901400841.png

Attachments

• SADP User Manual 5-10-20.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 1,581
Upvote 0
Top-centre in SADP:
(Make sure you put a tick at left side for the device you wish to select)

1604320181304.png

Upvote 0
Are you using a Windows 10 PC?
Wired to the same LAN as the Hikvision device is on?
You have installed that latest version of SADP?
If so, can you upload a screenshot please?

Upvote 0
Back