01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Cannot unbind - I get this error message "Only the device in the same region with the software can be unbound from this account"

Phillip

For the camera that says it has been added, I think you are going to have to try unbinding the device using SADP and then try adding it to the Hik-connect portal.

We always recommend people add cameras/NVRs directly to the online portal and not via the app as it is often the case that devices added via the app are only linked to the app via the local LAN connection and so when you then try and access remotely you can't see the cameras. When you add the device to the portal you link the remote access app to Hikvision cloud server and the cloud server to the camera, doing this creates a simple but secure link for footage to leave the cameras on your local network and pass over the internet to reach the remote Hik-Connect application whatever network it is on. (e.g. Public WiFi, 3G, 4G, etc...)

Hi Dan,

I am trying to unbind a device from a previous account to my account, the problem is I keep getting the error "Only the device in the same area with the software can be unbound from its account."
Any assistance will be a huge help.

Phillip

Solution
Sorted. ;)
After emailing every Hikvision support address I could find online (because UK/EU wouldn't even reply :mad:), thankfully Hikvision China took the challenge. They found that the original/bound Hik-Connect account lacked regional info, once they changed this to UK I was able to unbind via the usual method & bind it to my acct. Only the acct owner or a Hikvision support rep can do this...

So, there are circumstances where tech support is required to unbind from a previous Hik-Connect acct, but if you persevere you will get there!
Yeah don't have that button
I had the same Problem. Its because you uploaded from an old SADP Version to the 3.0.2.4. Delete the SADP complete, then reboot your PC and make a fresh install of the 3.0.2.4 or 3.0.4.2. Then you have the button.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Has anybody been able to successfully unbind any NVR that has given these errors?
I've tried Hik Connect via Android mobile & iVMS via local PC, both fail with either the "local area" or "same region" excuses!

I'm starting to think that this is either a S/W bug or part of the Hikvision hack phenonium...

Upvote 0
Has anybody been able to successfully unbind any NVR that has given these errors?
I've tried Hik Connect via Android mobile & iVMS via local PC, both fail with either the "local area" or "same region" excuses!

I'm starting to think that this is either a S/W bug or part of the Hikvision hack phenonium...
Yes. My solution was thr time-zone settings on the NVR must be correct

Upvote 0
I set my NVR to sync with my PC time (incl date), but I still get the same... :mad:
NVR.jpg

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Have you followed the steps at #10?

View attachment 4664
Tried that, if I select Russian it displays a different error, something about not being bound in this region...
I'm trying lots of different F/W's now, just in case it's a bug with one of them?

Upvote 0
Crazy as it sounds ......................... are you being prompted to enter the verification code?
I have stumbled across this a few times, however usually when attempting to share a device or other functions related to Hik-Connect.

1. Login to your NVR via Web Client
2. Navigate to "Network" "Advanced Settings" & "Platform Access" click the eye icon to View your Verification Code
3. Highlight & Copy the Verification Code
4. Navigate to the "Local" tab at the top of the Menu List
5. Clear the "Encryption Key" box, the paste the copied Verification Code into the Encryption Key box
6. Click Save

As said, i stumbled across this as being an issue with Hik-Connect functions on a few occassions, but have not once had an error or prompt guiding me to the issue........................

Not sure if it has any bearing on your problem or if it will work ............................ but from reading this thread you have got nothing to lose

Gaz

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sorted. ;)
After emailing every Hikvision support address I could find online (because UK/EU wouldn't even reply :mad:), thankfully Hikvision China took the challenge. They found that the original/bound Hik-Connect account lacked regional info, once they changed this to UK I was able to unbind via the usual method & bind it to my acct. Only the acct owner or a Hikvision support rep can do this...

So, there are circumstances where tech support is required to unbind from a previous Hik-Connect acct, but if you persevere you will get there!

Last edited:
Upvote 1
Solution
Back