01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Can't access camera configuration via browser

jeffnorman

Hi everyone

I've got my Hikvision NVR set up today with 3x cameras, but I can't seem to access the camera via it's IP address in my browser. It also doesn't work when clicking the link provided in the NVR configuration menu. Everything else seems to be working great. When I input the cameras IP address on my browser it just times out (192.168.254.2 (or .3/.4))

When I click the links shown by the cameras in the image attached it says "Safari can't connect to server" "Safari can't open the page 192.168.1.250:65001 because safari can't connect to the server 192.168.1.250

Any help will be gratefully received!

Screenshot 2021-10-13 at 17.10.44.png

Hi everyone

I've got my Hikvision NVR set up today with 3x cameras, but I can't seem to access the camera via it's IP address in my browser. It also doesn't work when clicking the link provided in the NVR configuration menu. Everything else seems to be working great. When I input the cameras IP address on my browser it just times out (192.168.254.2 (or .3/.4))

When I click the links shown by the cameras in the image attached it says "Safari can't connect to server" "Safari can't open the page 192.168.1.250:65001 because safari can't connect to the server 192.168.1.250

Any help will be gratefully received!

View attachment 6787
The internal 168.254.x are not reachable from your normal lan, that is normal as it is a separate lan. But you might try to install the plugin, see top of your browser. And after that click on the link 192.168.1.250:65001 hope this helps

you might also try another browser here.

It worked fine on the system I fitted at my mothers and I could access her cameras to adjust the settings. Exactly the same Hikvision products used, same browser, same Macbook, but obviously at her house. This is at my house.

The plugin doesn't work. It's an .exe file which I don't think is intended for Mac. I don't think that is the issue here though. I've tried Chrome and that doesn't work either.

Thanks, it is already enabled.

I think it's something to do with being on the wrong IP pool maybe?

My Macbook IP is 192.168.1.105
NVR is 192.168.1.250
Cameras are 192.168.254.2(or .3 or .4)

I can change the cameras IP below? Should I and will it cause problems? What to change to?

Screenshot 2021-10-14 at 07.10.48.png

No the cams are alright there, as the virtual host setting will connect to them. I have the same situation, but no issues on connecting to the cams via :65001.

maybe it are cached settings into the browser, Disable content blocker, use different SSID names for 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz, Modify DNS settings. In addition, you can also clear your Safari browser cache files to prevent from malfunctioning the browser data.

the IP_address : port from the Virtual Host links - that will only allow HTTP access.
Maybe it's something within your DHCP settings locally which were not at mothers router

I found a similar thread on here with someone having what seems like the same problem. Fixed by updating NVR firmware. Maybe I’ll try that as that could be causing the problem?

I found a similar thread on here with someone having what seems like the same problem. Fixed by updating NVR firmware. Maybe I’ll try that as that could be causing the problem?
well that could be the case, but you mentioned before both the equipment at yours and your mothers house are the same. Is that NVR on same level as yours? which NVR do you have?

It is the same NVR as my mothers. I’m not sure on firmware version of each to be honest without checking.

DS-7604NI-K1/4P​

It is the same NVR as my mothers. I’m not sure on firmware version of each to be honest without checking.

DS-7604NI-K1/4P​

If you have added your mothers into hik-connect, you can easily check ;-)

I have the same but then the (B) version. And that updated automatically to V4.30.055_build201111 while installing.

My mothers is on V4.30.055 build 201111

Says no new version available on Hik Connect

Mine is on V4.31.102 build 210626

I’ve just updated mine via Hik Connect so now says no new version available. I’m not at home though so can’t check if that’s solved my problems

I’ve just realised my mothers is the (B) version but mine is not? Obtained from the same source?
That version on yours NVR seems to be related to the (C) version.

The latest version for your mothers will be V4.30.085, only to install via upload or USB direct on NVR. HIKVISION UK PORTAL

Hopefully that upgrade on yours will resolve the issue.

The upgrade hasn't made any difference. Surely someone else has run into this problem before?

Will that work on MacOS? I don’t think that’s possible?
Try this to download and install this via the nvr mainpage 192.168.1.250 via config, system, maintenance
HIKVISION UK PORTAL
this will install v.4.31.108

i saw this with same problem

Last edited:
Try this to download and install this via the nvr mainpage 192.168.1.250 via config, system, maintenance
HIKVISION UK PORTAL
this will install v.4.31.108

i saw this with same problem

It only worked!

It seems version 102 I updated to via Hik Connect whilst at work earlier wasn't the answer for some reason even though that's the newest upgrade supported on Hik Connect

Version 108 appears to have sorted the problem! How weird

Thank you so much, it's only taken me about 3 hours of messing about over 2 days to solve! Glad I don't install these things for a living, I'd be tearing my hair out!

Back