01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Can't access HikVision after password change

Coll66

Hi can anyone tell me how to slove this problem I have hik vision equipment which was running fine on mine and my husband's phone's showing all 4 camera'sI then changed my password and now it won't show anything just states unable to view and on mine it is trying to load but with old footage any help would be greatly appreciated

Hi,
What password did you change please?
What model NVR do you have?
Which App are you using?

Hi Phil I changed the password on the hik connect I have downloaded on my phone I went into account management then it gave the option to change password which I did I'm using the him connect app it was all working fine until I changed the password on my phone it's is still recording as I can see it on the t.v.screen which it is connected to also just not our phones

You should be able to go to www.hik-connect.com and login there (at the web portal) with the same credentials (user name and password).

Can you please verify that?

I will try that now thanks with that done will i be able to view my cameras again on my pbone

It will prove what user name and password you should be using on your phone

Hi Phil I'm I was able to log in but it's not showing a lot only device management
Shared devices
My account in my account it shows username email mobile number but nothing else

When you login, and select device management, you should see a screen similar to the below - with a table showing your device(s):
[and if all's well they will show as online]

hik-connect portal 26-2-18.png

Yes it does show this but we still cannot see a live stream on our mobile phones

Does it show (in the Hik-Connect portal, when you login) that your camera is online?
{in my example screenshot above my NVR shows as offline, for it to work your camera should show as online here}

Yes it's shows online I have attached a file with the pictures that it shows when I go onto the app on my phone also this is old footage from 2weeks ago but it's still trying to load this

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180228-150314.png
    Screenshot_20180228-150314.png
    836.7 KB · Views: 797
Hmm, have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the Hik-Connect App on your phone(s)?

Yes but to no avail should I change the password on the dvr then change it on my phone or does changing it on my phone automatically change it on the dvr

The password that you changed on your phone, in the Hik-Connect App, only changes your password to login to the Hik-Connect portal i.e. the password you use to login when you open that App AND use when you login via a PC browser at www.hik-connect.com

I cannot understand why your access to your NVR and cameras has been affected.

It may be best to ask HikVision Technical Support for help, as they can see what is going on at the portal - drop them an email at support.uk@hikvision.com

Back