01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Can't decide between Dahua and Hikvision IP camera's

Damed

Hello. I can't decide, which IP camera should go perfect at a night time with a range at least 70 m? Devices are two: Hikvision DS-2DE7225IW-AE and Dahua DH-SD59230U-HNI. Very important, that camera would have an auto tracking feature. Also, you can offer me other device, which might be better than these mentioned.

Thank you.

Vivotek AI Network Video Recorders
Hi @Damed

They both support Auto-tracking, we don't work with Dahua so our recommendation is always going to be Hikvision. The below spreadsheet shows you the other Hikvision models that also support Auto-tracking:

Screenshot 2020-02-18 at 10.00.45.png

The only other model with a slightly better spec that we might recommend would be the Hikvision DS-2DF6A225X-AEL Darkfighter 2MP Speed Dome Camera as it has the Darkfighter Technology for improved low-light performance and it has the improved Smart-Tracking 2.0

But this Darkfighter camera is much more expensive than mentioned above.

What specs should I look at if I want to get a better view at a night time?

For the price range you are looking at and the specs you need there won't be anything better than the 7225 model, you would only see night-time improvement by stepping up to a true Darkfighter camera like the 6A225X-AEL.

6A225x-AEL shows true color at night? Why it’s a way better than other ones?

6A225X-AEL will not be true colour at night, but with true Darkfighter which brings both hardware (larger sensor) and software improvements the camera can handle lower light levels at night than the 7225. See the specs for the 6A225X-AEL below (right-hand column):

Screenshot 2020-03-06 at 10.32.42.png

Great. But the only cons is that price too high for me.
BTW, where could I find all tables you posted?

This spreadsheet is not publicly available at the moment and was shared with us directly from our contact at Hikvision, we will check with Hikvision to see if there is a more up to date document and if not we will post a new thread to the Hikvision forum with this document attached.

Back