01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Can't receive Alert Messages via Milesight Pro App (iOS)

GreatGatsby

Hello, I have a problem. I have installed the Milesight Mini-NVR with PoE connected with four Vandal proof Mini-Dome cameras and everything is working fine. Updated everything before I configured the system.
The app to integrate the NVR works quite well. All cameras etc. are displayed. The only thing I just couldn't get to work are the alarm notifications e.g. motion detection etc.. I integrated the NVR into the app via P2P, maybe that's the reason.
Can someone from this forum please help me?

Hi @GreatGatsby

Sorry for the delay we were waiting for a response from Milesight Tech Support, see their response below:

"plz ask customer check attached file from Page22 to Page25. It will show him how to make correct settings to get alarm notification.
The most important thing, plz ask him use i-Sight other than M-sight Pro"

i-Sight is another version of the Milesight app, it has all the same features as M-Sight but also supports the push notifications, please give the instructions in the attached file a go and if it still doesn't work can you let us know the model NVR you have and the firmware version you are on

Attachments

• i-Sight-APP_User_Manual_en_V1.4.pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 532
Hello @Dan,

Thanks for pointing that out, it was actually the app. It actually worked with I-Sight and I now get push notifications from my NVR to my phone (iOS).

There are alarm messages now, but every time I click on the message I get an error message. The error message says that it could not find any recordings for this period. Meanwhile I found out that it's because the search period in the search option is set to the wrong period by default every time or is those minutes behind it and therefore it can't deliver any search results. So if you click on the pop-up message during a notification, you won't see the desired video clip and segment but have to change the search period first. And even then you first have to painstakingly rewind to the location to see where the alarm was triggered. There is also no marking on the timeline with the video track, so you have to search for the event yourself first. I find it quite uncomfortable and cumbersome.

And yes, I downloaded the latest firmware from the manufacturer's site and updated the NVR and the cameras accordingly and reinstalled everything completely today.
Everything seems to work fine and I am so far satisfied with this system. The image quality is very good. Only the thing with the push notifications is not very good, quite unreliable and awkward. When clicking on the alarm message, the place with the event should be displayed directly and should also be clearly marked in the timeline.
However, I followed the instructions exactly when setting up the system. But maybe there is a trick how to set it correctly so that it works as desired.

Back