01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Cat5 install help please

jim239

Hi everyone,

I have cracked on with installing my CCTV, I have run a few cat 5 cables and tested them successfully using my Haydon tester. Unfortunately after running a length through some conduit I have found that my tester is flashing both pins 1 & 2 simultaneously and then cycling through the other pins correctly at one end, the other end flashes fine.

Will I have to replace the whole cable or will my Hikvision turret camera be ok with the 1 & 2 pins, I guess crossed? I am unsure if the camera uses those pins?

I have replaced both ends and redone the connection but it has not fixed the problem.

Thanks for any help

Regards

Jim

If your cable tester fails the cable, then it is unlikely to work with a camera :(

I have tried replacing the connectors again with no luck and now additional pin 4 not working.
I am going to try again incase it’s just me messing up the connections and if it fails I will replace the cable and start again.

it’s frustrating as I don’t know where the issue along the cable is as it’s all in conduit and I don’t believe it got damaged putting it through.

Third times a charm, I changed the plugs and they tested ok.

I have three cameras up now but am scared to power them all up and add them on to the network.

Back