01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

CCTV images to be viewed inside car?

Jack

I'd be grateful for any advice, comments etc on the following:

I have an extremely narrow driveway with my garage at the end of it, from time to time I scrape my car on the short walls forming the driveway.

I'd like to mount a cctv camera at the top of the drive to be monitored from inside the car whilst reversing out. The range will be about 40ft.

Any advice on which camera to use and more importantly what type/model of monitor to use inside the car.

Many thanks for reading this

I'm afraid I think you will struggle :(
We could help you to select a camera, but it'll be hard to see the detail that you need at each side of the car.
And, you'll probably need to view it on a phone or tablet App inside the car, and the latency could be a real problem.
i.e. you will move the car, but the image you see might not update for a couple of seconds.

Phil
Many thanks for your reply, I guessed from the lack of responses that this would prove difficult. It would be appreciated if you could advise on the most appropriate camera. If I did decide to give it a go would this connect to phone or tablet or whatever by my domestic WiFi system?

I used to manage OK by hanging out of the drivers side window but I’m afraid age and creaking joints means I can’t swing my head around like I used to! Another option could be a concave mirror at the head of the drive.

I’m extremely grateful to you Phil for responding, best wishes.

Jack

Phil

I've been giving this matter some thought since your initial response. Given that it is the passenger side that I have no sight of when reversing [its a very low wall on this side], I could mount a small camera under the off side wing mirror and hard wire this back to a console mounted monitor. Can you recommend a small suitable camera and monitor.
I had thought about a dash cam with rear view camera and utilising this by mounting the camera under the off side wing mirror and utilising the monitor only for this purpose. However I would much prefer to buy a suitable camera and monitor solely for this purpose rather than adapt a dash cam. I would greatly appreciate any advice you can offer.

Jack

Back