01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

cctv - Wireless from NVR to kitchen montior

Minime46

Hi all.

I have 5 hikvision cameras and hik recorder.

I need the NVR for 5 cameras in a locked unit in the office but want to display and monitor in the kitchen.

I have the Internet to the recorder via gigabit powerline adapter into a plug socket.

It's a very old house, no loft space to get through to kitchen, and the monitor is in the middle of the kitchen with 4 plug sockets on a pillar. Upstairs is a tiled floor. We do not wish for a cable outside all the way along to get to the kitchen... its a pretty long way.

Is it possible to put a mini nvr (not hikvision) behind the TV and use a powerline adapter in the plug socket... the mini nvr will not be recording. I'm unsure if there will be compatibility issues or if it's just a case of input the ip addresses and boom it will work?

If so can anybody recommend some small nvrs which are reliable... Will simply need lan and hdmi ports I guess...

My other thought was to use an android box and just use the hik connect app on that but that will only be as reliable as their Internet connection I guess, so the NVR should appear quicker and possibly crisper?

Any advice would but much appreciated. Just trying to learn. Cheers

Last edited:
Are the cameras directly plugged into the rear of your Hikvision NVR?
If so, they will be in a domain range managed by the NVR, and therefore difficult for a second NVR to find and display them - so probably best to use the Hik-Connect App on a tablet (or Android box to your monitor).

Back