01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Change of router and home cctv Hikvision IP camera network

CCTVJ

We are due to update our router to the new sky Q router anytime soon and I’m trying to understand what I need to do re my Hikvision IP cameras and DVR which form our home cctv network.

Is it a straight forward process to change a router over for a complete novice like myself? Or should I contact the company who installed it?

Thanks in advance.

It depends.
If you have remote access away from home to your CCTV e.g. from your mobile phones, or PCs at work/away from home then it will be more complex.
If your cameras are all direct wired to your NVR and you only access it from home PCs, then it'll be a pretty simple job of just making changes so that your NVR can join your new network.

Thanks Phil.

We have remote access via the Hikvision (Hik-connect) app on our iphones and iPads only.

Hik-Connect should make it simple for you.
Once you have your NVR back on your network it should effectively 'phone home' to the Hik-Connect portal and report the new internet IP address where it can be found. Then access via Hik-Connect from your iPhones and iPads should resume / carry on.

Great, thanks.

Is there any published guidance to advise on how to connect the NVR/DVR to the new router anywhere?

Apologies if I am being daft here but in which sub section of the mega thread is the correct guidance re connecting a new router.

Cheers

There's nothing specific on changing your router.
Effectively, you will have a new home network under your new router.
So, the third section "How to find a HikVision camera or NVR on your network" applies.

Back