01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Changed internet service Plus camera problems

simwilk

Hi This is my first post on here so here goes. December i changed the internet to superfast 140MBPS on the IVMS 4200 service platform and had worked resonably well prior to the new broadband service. The cameras had obviously not been set up properly as even on live view at the NVR i had sparodic time lapse the time was not sync'ed and was way out. The lead time pre event was not correct, all things at the time i put up with. The two lads that installed it for me no longer trade but i did manage to use the SADP tool and get a rest file from HIK Vision and get into the system. Heres where the real problems start.
*i cannot see the cameras on the SADP tool only the NVR prior to yesterday
* my password doesnt work on the live view at the hik vision portal to see whats working on line
* Now non of the cameras are showing live view to the NVR. As they were a few days ago after password rest !

I have been on this now for 4 days ripping out what little hair i have left at 60 years old. I could realy do with someone who knows this system inside out who could guide me through a series of operations to get this working. I like a challance and want to do this myself with help. I am sooooo tempted to hit the factory reset tab on the menu on the NVR and see what that brings but i am realy stuffed at the moment not knowing what to do next. So i am reliant on some kind forum member giving me guidance bare in mind i am not 100% savi when it comes to computers but i could be willing to let someone have a look via Teamviewer possibly. Above all please all stay safe and locked down. I have lost a friend through this virus it isnt good. Thanks for looking Simon

Last edited:
Hi @simwilk,

I'm very sorry to hear about your friend. I hope that you're well too, we're all staying safe here at use-IP.

Could you specify the model numbers of the cameras and NVR please? Do the cameras have a reset button beside the micro SD slot?

How does the setup look, are the cameras connected directly to the NVR via PoE, or to your network separately?
You won't see cameras in SADP if they're wired straight into the back of the NVR, as it will hide them on it's own subnet.

Is the new NVR password working normally in iVMS-4200 and on the NVRs local GUI (a monitor connected to the NVR)? Try using Internet Explorer to access the Hik Portal in browser if you aren't already.

Could you show screenshots of your NVRs live feed as well as the camera settings and network settings page please?

Hi @simwilk,

I'm very sorry to hear about your friend. I hope that you're well too, we're all staying safe here at use-IP.

Could you specify the model numbers of the cameras and NVR please? Do the cameras have a reset button beside the micro SD slot?

How does the setup look, are the cameras connected directly to the NVR via PoE, or to your network separately?
You won't see cameras in SADP if they're wired straight into the back of the NVR, as it will hide them on it's own subnet.

Is the new NVR password working normally in iVMS-4200 and on the NVRs local GUI (a monitor connected to the NVR)? Try using Internet Explorer to access the Hik Portal in browser if you aren't already.

Could you show screenshots of your NVRs live feed as well as the camera settings and network settings page please?
Kyle thanks for your reply i will get the other information for you tomorrow but in the mean time i can confirn the cameras are plugged straight into the back of the 8 channel NVR. So i now understand why i cannot see then in the SADP tool. The NVR is a DS-7608NI-K2/8P. I am not sure how to find the cameras model numbers, so i may have to get the ladders have a partial disasemble and have a close look. I will try get the screen shots you need as soon as i can.

The password does work on the sadp tool and the IVMS 4200 platformon on the pc. I have managed to to get into the system on the NVR in the house loft using the same password. What i cannot get into is the cameras on the nvr, as the same password is not accepted and i cannot find out what the cameras have been set at. I have installed the latest firmware update last week directly into the NVR via a usb stick. Thanks again Simon

Last edited:
Ok got somewhere today. I have managed to get all 5 cameras back working to the NVR it was the protocol tab was not set to HIk Vision all ok now. The cameras are a Global CCTV product of 5MP and IP format and are connected to a Hik Vision NVR DS 7608Ni-K2/8P. But thats where the good news stops.

Checking on line non of the cameras are viewable from the HIK Vision site and are not conecting, Neither can i see the cameras on the IVM4200 platform on the PC. But i can see the NVR is listed as active on an Advance IP scanner tool, SADP tool,and IVMS4200 programme
The password does work on the IVMS-4200,SADP tool and the NVR in the loft on the monitor standing on top of the NVR and again on the hik vision online when you sign in. I just cannot get the thing to work on other devices on the PC, the IVMS-4200 and my mobile and other remote devices. I must be so near cracking this now but im stuck at the last fence. Any more ideas please.

Last edited:
If the problems started after the change in internet service provider you may have an IP problem. Have you tried using DHCP to reset the IP addresses? I'm sure Kyle can explain this better than me...

yes i went up to the NVR and unchecked the DHCP i then deleted all the ip information in the three tabs for the IP address i then ticked the DHCP and clicked apply. The nvr found the information and i tried to view it on the PC no luck. I hope this was the correct thing to do. Any other suggestions would greatly help. I am so near but so far. I am starting to think its an EE router problem on this 140 MBPS system which i will add had a BT open reach modem installed with the router by the openreach engineer in December when i had the upgrade fitted. Could this be the problem i wonder.

Not sure if im honnest how i would check that Fullboogie. I will give it a google and see what needs to be done. Thanks

I now have got to the port settings on the EE smart hub and its asking for the external ports start and end port numbers and the internal port start and end numbers. Has anyone an idea where i can get this information from. I need this so the NVR and cameras can be seen both on line (other devices remotely) and the home PC. I am assuming this is done on the router settings and not the HIK Connect portal. Both of which are accesable

Again, up in the sticky section. Read the mega tutorial and it will answer all your questions.

sorry i dont understand where the sticky section is hence i have not read this in your previous blog sugestion . It could possibley help if i knew where to look. So sorry !!

Back