01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Changed NVR new ip cam not recognised?

Markuzrockss

Hi guys.

Recently I changed my NVR from a POE switch to a one that that came included with the POE ports at the back.

My issue is, moving an IP camera over to the new NVR with included POE ports.

My old camera IP is 192.168.0.3 and the new NVR recognises it as 192.168.254.3.

I have no way to get the camera to become detected in the new NVR. The closest i got it was by changing the IP and password manually but then it said Network unreachable.

Unfortunately there is no manual reset button on this IP cam itself.
I have access to the password of the cam

I can't find the camera in SADP tool when connecting to the new NVR but thr POE switch picks it up just fine.

I have been going crazy trying to fix this. Can anyone shed some light?

Would be much appreciated
Thanks

Hi @Markuzrockss

You're on the right tracks with trying to find the camera in SADP. The camera wont be visible in the tool if connected to the NVR directly as it will hide it on its own private subnet (all with IP addresses of 192.168.254.2 for port 1, 192.168.254.3 for port 2, etc).

The camera needs to be connected to the same network as the PC running SADP for it to be detected. So, you need to connect the camera to the PoE switch again, find it on SADP, and then change the IP address to 192.168.254.3, assuming that you are connecting to port 4 on the NVR.

Failing this, log into the camera and perform a hard reset on the Maintenance page by going to:

Configuration > System > Maintenance > Upgrade & Maintenance > Default

This will set the camera to its inactive state and allows the NVR to alter the camera's network settings appropriately via their Plug and Play feature.

Thank you so much for your reply Kyle.

So, I connected the cam up to SADP tool and changed the ip to the corresponding port but unfortunately it says "Network unreachable"

This is the order of the IP's showing on my NVR:

I am trying to connect to port 2. So would that mean i need to connect it to 192.168.254.7 ?

Also, how is a hard reset performed? I tried reset to default values but it didn't do anything

Thank you so much once again

Apologies, yes it will need to be 192.168.254.7 for port 2. You may also need to click edit on the NVR's channel and enter the camera's password.

Did you perform the reset when logged into the camera itself (not the NVR web interface)? It should work no problem in the browser, what do you see when you try to reset it? Does it show the camera as inactive in SADP afterwards?

Most of the newer Hikvision cameras also have reset buttons on them which you can use. This guide explains the process - How-to: How do I Reset a HikVision IP camera using the pushbutton?

Back