01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Changing Static IP address on Hikvision NVR & Cameras

Pussycat

Hi there

I wonder if someone could help me. I am thinking of changing my Broadband & phone provider and number but this will mean I will have a new static IP address. I am not sure how to change the static IP address on my Hikvision NVR & 4 cameras.
I am not very tech minded but managed to get the system set up & working perfectly last year (with a bit of help from Phil!)
Look forward to hearing from anyone!

Regards

Hi @Pussycat

The easiest way to change IP and Gateway addresses of IP cameras/NVRs is to use the Hikvision SADP Tool

The SADP Tool scans your local network for any Hikvision devices, it not only scans for the IP address but also the unique MAC address of each device and so even if the devices are on a different IP range because you have changed ISPs (Internet Service Providers) the SADP Tool will still be able to find the devices and you can then modify the IP and gateway/router address of each device using the SADP Tool.

When you switch providers you may not know your new gateway/router range, if you don't you can use the steps in this forum post to find out the details of your new network - How To find your router and PC's IP address using a Windows PC

Hi Dan

Thanks for your speedy reply. We only use Mac rather than Windows so how would it work with iVMS4200 on Safari?

Look forward to hearing from you again!

Regards

Back