01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Chrome and FF almost working with firmware V4.21 in NVR webGUI

StewartM

Knows a LOT of stuff
Trusted Member
I recently updated to V4.21.000 build 190423 on my NVR and I'm pleased both Chrome and FF seem closer to fully featured in the webGUI.
Streaming works in Live View and I've setup up smart events via Chrome and they work correctly, alerts and all.
The only deal breaker is the Local option is missing under Configuration.
I was wondering if anyone has figured out a way to get the full menu working in Chrome or FF?

Ok, looks like it's working correctly now. There is a new option on the menu: Download Plug-in. This downloads a file called LocalServicesComponents.exe. After running it as admin with all browsers closed and a PC reboot, I now have all menu options in FF and Chrome. I'll do some more testing and report back.

I've found Chrome and FF to be fully functional on my NVR so far. Loading firmware via the browsers works correctly too.
The same can't be said of my test camera a DS-2CD2025FWD-I (G1 series). While all the menus are displayed correctly and you can browse to a firmware file, it hangs at the updating.
Be aware I loaded the latest v5.6.0 onto the DS-2CD2025FWD-I and it won't load prior firmware versions now. Anyone else had this issue? I'll continue testing and post my findings.

After many attempts to revert the camera firmware via the webGUI, Batch Configuration Tool and ONVIF device manager I tried TFTP.
TFTP detected the camera and began uploading the older firmware but after 30 minutes it still was 'transferring'. I eventually disconnected the camera and it seems the camera is now bricked. There is a brief flash of the IR lights then the network connection is lost. Be wary of v5.6.0.

Thanks for the heads-up.
I've not seen V5.6 available anywhere yet.

Back