01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Clip function not working properly

gilez

Hi everybody, I have a problem while trying to save clip from the remote playback: I'm using IE and Win10, when i watch a video from the remote playback and try to save a part of it using the clip function (the scissor) I get a clip starting usually 20 seconds later so everytime it's a pain to adjust it, download it and cut the right portion using Vs player, anyone else with the same problem? It used to work properly until last week.

Hi @gilez

Are you running Internet Explorer in Administrator mode?

You need to right-click the IE icon and select 'Run as Administrator' from the dropdown, then you just log in to the device and download your clip.

Hi @Dan

Yes, I do run IE in administrator mode and I can download the clips, only the timing is wrong: let's say I start clipping at 10:25:00 and stop it at 10:25:43 the clip will start from 10:25:24 ant stop at 10:26:07 or something like that...

Ok, Do you have an NVR in your system or are you clipping directly from individual cameras? If you do have an NVR what model is it?

The model is DS-7204HQHI-K1. The point is that until last week everything was working like a charm, I did not change anything and from one day to another it behaved like that...I tried uninstalling the web plugin and also IE but without any result.

ok, it may be time sync issue, sometimes the recorder time settings can slip out of sync.

Try enabling the 'sync with computer time' option under the time settings and/or switch the recorders time zone to a different one and then back again to resync the time.

Also, make sure your DVR is running the latest firmware - v4.20.001

(If the firmware is already up to date and the time adjustment doesn't resolve the issue I would recommend rebooting the DVR)

I tried to wync with computer, to change the time zone and back but no change.
Dvr is runnig firmware 4.30.101 and worked fine until this problem, I tried a downgrade and no results.

I'm gonna try a reboot...finger crossed

I also have this problem. When I take a clip from Playback, it's recorded about 15s after the time it should be. I'm viewing through IE, and have run the plugin update (although that seems to have killed Live View). I've tried Administrator mode and normal user, no difference, and rebooted.

I have synced the cameras (via virtual host) and the DVR to the computer time (although they persist in running a second or two different!). My cameras are all Hikvision DS-2CD2xx series and my DVR is DS-7604NI-K1-4P with firmware 4.3.104 - when I click the Update button it responds ‘Not detect new version, the current version is the latest’.

Thanks for any advice.

Back