01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Clocks going back an hour

newbie2468

Hi, I own a HikVision NVR set up and was wondering how to set it up so that the time changed automatically when the clocks move backwards or forwards. I am currently doing this manually through iVMS-4500 and syncing with my iPhone iOS.

Thanks

Hi,
Here are the Time settings from my Hikvision 7604 NVR which successfully upated the time settings automatically overnight:
(obviously, people will need to select their region appropriate Time Zone at the top)

1540720427539.png

Thanks Phil,
I've set mine up as the above but when I save I receive the message 'invalid URL or HTTP method'.

Hmmm I can't replicate that.

What browser are you using please? (Internet Explorer is the banker)
Which model NVR?
Are you running the latest firmware for that model?
(probably not causing this problem, but best practice / best to check)

If you navigate to Configuration -> Network -> Basic Settings have you got entries in Preferred & Alternate DNS at the bottom of that page?

Hi Phil,

Yes using I.E.
NVR is DS-7608NI-K2 firmware v3.4.98 171121

In configuration, network, basic settings, DNS is ticked, preferred is my router address, alternative is blank.

Test with Google's public DNS addresses please:
Primary: 8.8.8.8
Alternate: 8.8.4.4

Should I keep the ‘primary’ & ‘alternative’ as above (Google’s public dns address), is it safe to leave it with these settings?
Just checking

Should I keep the ‘primary’ & ‘alternative’ as above (Google’s public dns address), is it safe to leave it with these settings?
Yes, that's fine - the Google DNS servers are safe, fast, and oft-used.

Back