01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Cloud Storage

Whop21

Hi all

I'm wondering what your thoughts are on cloud storage on CCTV. Does anyone use it or tried it in the past?

Hi all

I'm wondering what your thoughts are on cloud storage on CCTV. Does anyone use it or tried it in the past?

Take a look at our video on some of the biggest pros & cons of different methods of recording CCTV.

Traditionally we have not advised people to use cloud storage as for many years there were no cloud options that allow continuous recording, now there are some services out there that do support continuous but usually only at a limited resolution (1080p/2MP) and for a costly subscription fee to keep the footage on their servers.

Just out of general curiosity, if you have a google drive account, and pay for a little extra space than comes free.
Say for example 2TB for £80 a year in the UK.
Can you use that storage direct from your camera's, or will Google notice that you are uploading 24/7 to their servers and get all funny, telling you that's not what the storage is supposed to be used for?

Just out of general curiosity, if you have a google drive account, and pay for a little extra space than comes free.
Say for example 2TB for £80 a year in the UK.
Can you use that storage direct from your camera's, or will Google notice that you are uploading 24/7 to their servers and get all funny, telling you that's not what the storage is supposed to be used for?
I don't see why they would, if you're paying for the storage then you should be able to use it however you please :)
There's plenty of online tutorials of how to save your footage to Google drive, so people have obviously done so with success before.

Back