01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

ColorVu - can't enable WDR or HLC - setting failed

johndoc

[First post... thanks for the valuable knowledge throughout this forum!]

Hi All.
I'm setting up two new cameras and an NVR and am having trouble with one of them (the colorvu DS-2CD2347G1-LU)
The D2345 works just fine and the NVR (DS-7604NI-K1) looks to be good too.

On the colorvu though, every time I try to enable WDR or HLC I get an error message "setting failed". Its fine on the D2345.
I've been through the manual and searched but can't see any particular setting that I've missed so as to allow WDR or HLC

Any suggestions on where to start folks?

The camera datasheet says it's good for 120dB WDR, so it should allow that to be enabled,, no?

[First post... thanks for the valuable knowledge throughout this forum!]

Hi All.
I'm setting up two new cameras and an NVR and am having trouble with one of them (the colorvu DS-2CD2347G1-LU)
The D2345 works just fine and the NVR (DS-7604NI-K1) looks to be good too.

On the colorvu though, every time I try to enable WDR or HLC I get an error message "setting failed". Its fine on the D2345.
I've been through the manual and searched but can't see any particular setting that I've missed so as to allow WDR or HLC

Any suggestions on where to start folks?

Is the ColorVu camera running the latest firmware? should be v5.6.3

If it isn't already running this firmware then please update the firmware and let us know if the problem persists.

Thanks for the response Dan.
It's running 5.6.3 but still won't allow WDR or HL to be enabled. Error message is 'setting failed'

Thanks for the response Dan.
It's running 5.6.3 but still won't allow WDR or HL to be enabled. Error message is 'setting failed'

Are you able to post a screenshot of what you are seeing on the image settings please (including the error message if possible) as we may need to point this in the direction of Hik support to see if they are aware of the problem.

Apols about the rotation!

Attachments

• IMG_20200107_191738.jpg
    IMG_20200107_191738.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 249
  • IMG_20200107_191037.jpg
    IMG_20200107_191037.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 238
I had a similar issue where the Enhanced SDK Service Port (8443) on the camera was acting as the default management port and prevented the NVR from making changes. I had to disable the service on the camera in order for the NVR to save the settings via the default management port (8000). Not sure this is your issue but might be a lead. I was surprised to see the SADP tool reporting the camera defaulting to 8443 (which is encrypted) - wonder if this is standard on the newer firmware?
1578439171137.png

I have the same problem with my hikvision nvr I can connect it with wdr

sorry I meant to say I can not connect to WDR or HL. just like Johndoc I have the same problem how do I sort this out its doing my head in now.

Back