01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Colorvu changing colour

Robmrs

I took the plunge with a cheap colorvu camera to see just what I could do at night and was very impressed with its low light performance. I have the DS-2CE10DFT-F. I wanted to try this out on my analogue box before upgrading to IP, although I now see that the the IP colorvu range goes to 4MP only and I’d like a 5MP if possible but that’s a query for another day.
The issue I’m having is the camera seems to be switching randomly it’s ‘interpretation’ of what it’s seeing, switching between a colder rendering to a warmer more realistic rendering of the scene under the yellow sodium street lights. I’ve attached a video for reference.
It also seems to only happen when I activate the WDR mode. On the default mode this isn’t an issue.
Is this common amongst all colorvu cameras or a sign of a defective camera?

sample video > IMG_1201.MOV

The change in colour is enough to trigger an alert.

I’m keen to understand this before I purchase any more.
thanks in advance.

Rob

Last edited:
Thats a HDTVI model as opposed to IP camera (there may not be much support on here as they mainly deal with IP). That's just the white balance setting on the camera. It may be that when the wide dynamic setting is switched on, it also switches the Auto White Balance setting on or off. If you access the camera menu by clicking on iris open on the PTZ panel you should be able to find the white balance settings. Check what it is set to then check back after switching WDR on/off. Sometimes changing one setting alters another or locks out access to it.

Back