01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Colorvu DS-2CD2347G1-LU focal lengths

IED

Hi,
These seem to be only available in 2.8mm and 4mm, yet Hikvision say they are available in 6mm.
Can you obtain the 6mm versions? Are you expecting stock?
Ideally I want to cover an area around 10m distant and for the footage to be good enough to enable proper identification at night.
The online calculators give a distance of about 1/2 that for the 4mm, so 6mm seems the way to go unless you have other suggestions?

Hi @IED

You are correct that there is a 6mm variant of the 2347G1 model, unfortunately, we rely on the stock that the Hikvision UK warehouse brings in and they only bring in the most popular models because of Hikvision's large minimum order requirements.

We think the main reason for the popularity of 2.8 & 4mm but low stock levels of 6mm is the growing number of resellers & installers out there just selling generic kits of 4 x 2.8mm or 4mm cameras, this has made these focal lengths far more popular even though they are not suitable for every install.

We will continue to keep an eye out for 6mm stock arriving in the UK and when it does we will fetch some into local stock and add them to the product page.

Reactions: IED
Thanks,
looking like I may have to add extra cameras, which I was hoping not to have to do, both from a cost perspective and also from working out how to run the cables to them.
More thinking required on my part.

Hello @IED

I would just like to add that we are expecting a large stock order towards the end of the year. This will consist of 6mm lenses in a selection of our best selling models, including the DS-2CD2347G1-LU.

As Dan mentioned, 6mm lenses are becoming increasingly hard to get hold of in the UK, so we have made the decision to place a special order with Hikvision with the hope to provide our customers with all possible options.

I would recommend signing up to our Newsletter to keep up to date with new lines coming in to stock.

Emma :)

Reactions: Dan
Hi @Emma Hedges
I believe I am signed up to your newsletter.
Is it possible for me to secure 2 x DS-2CD2347G1-LU of the 6mm variety by pre-ordering?

Hi @Emma Hedges & @Dan
Any further info available on when you will have 6mm DS-2CD2347’s arriving?
I noticed you have G2‘s with an expected Dec stock date. Will 6mm be a stocked option?

Hi @IED
We are due a delivery very soon of the G2 version in 2.8mm and 4mm and the G1 version in 6mm. Unfortunately Hikvision have not made 6mm an option available to order yet in the new G2 version.
We have chased the ETA this week, once we have a confirmed shipping date we'll be in touch.
Emma :)

Reactions: IED
Hi, what is the difference between the G1 and G2 versions? Is it just lower illumination value?

Hi @nathanb

G2 cameras will include AcuSense and ColorVu in the same camera, see Hikvision's documents on the new G2 range

The new G2 models do have support for a fractionally lower LUX level. (G1 supports seeing in up to 0.0014 LUX light levels while G2 supports 0.0005 LUX)

Hi @nathanb

G2 cameras will include AcuSense and ColorVu in the same camera, see Hikvision's documents on the new G2 range

The new G2 models do have support for a fractionally lower LUX level. (G1 supports seeing in up to 0.0014 LUX light levels while G2 supports 0.0005 LUX)
Thanks Dan. Clears it all up.
I will stick with the G1. Cannot wait till December. Also, I am finding UK stock is patchy at best with Hikvision. e.g. 4 or 6mm version of the G1 in black/grey.
Feels like Hikvision need to get shipments in!

Back