01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Colorvu Unplug 1 Camera, 2 Others go off!?

Superted

Hello use IP Community....

I've got a mind bogaler, hopefully someone has had something similar in the past and can help.

System
I have an iDS-7208HUHI-K1/4S DVR system with 3x DS-2CE72HFT-F-2.8MM Turret and 1x DS-2CE12HFT-F-2.8MM Bullet.
I have used RG59 SHOTGUN with a 4 WAY 12V 5A POWER SUPPLY.

Setup
At the front of the house (either side of a bay window) I have 2 Turrets pointing at the drive and one pointing at the garden.
The front bay is circa 5 meters from the DVR which is setup in the loft.
The 3rd Turret is not setup yet.
The Bullet is on the garage setup circa 20 meters away from the DVR when you take into account the height change.

Config
To try and resolve the issues, i've factory reset the DVR and the 2 working turrets. The only thing i've changed is the smart light to off, set the passwords and set up hik connect.

Issue 1 - Menu not appearing
I plug in (power and signal) for garden, drive. Smart light turned off super, MP changed to 5M20 super. Evrerything is working fine. I plugin garage it shows up super. I try and turn off the light and after about 4 or 5 menu clicks, it stops accepting commands but the feed remains. I manage to change it to 5M20 but now when i press menu the menu doesn't appear.....so i can't turn off the light. TLDR Camera's menu doesn't come up when I press menu. Distance too far?
I think the solution is to bring the camera closer via a patch lead, turn off the light and plug it back in?

Issue 2....the bigger one possibly. Unplug 1 Camera they all turn off!?!
I plug in (power and signal) all 3 cameras. They turn on and work super. I unlug just the drive camera.....they all turn off. I plug just garden in, it doens't come on. I plug just garage in, it doesn't come on. I add drive to either and they both come on.

Things I've Tried
Making the 4:1 power lead only power 1 camera. No change
Swopping the ports the drive goes into. No change
Using a 1:1 power lead which provides 2A. No change.
I patch up the 3rd turret to work next to the DVR indoors. It works no matter if drive is plugged in or not.
Reset DVR and the turrets to default factory settings.

Anyone seen this before? thank you for your help.

Ted

I’ve seen issues with some models of the HDTVI cameras when sharing power supplies. Even though the specs indicate everything should be fine I’ve had all sorts of bother on a couple of jobs and had to split the supplies completely or fit a larger supply with an adjustable output so the voltage could be tweaked up to allow for the volt drop on a night when the lights kick in. Some of Hikvision data sheets now specify one psu per camera.

I’d start by thoroughly checking your connections with all cameras disconnected. Do this with a multi meter and ensure continuity on everything. A quick guess is that you have a 0V connection down to one of the cameras. When you add another, the one that was off is picking up its 0V via the screen of the coax (through its connection back at the DVR - the screens are grounded as is the 0V of the PSU)

Upvote 0
Back