01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Colours not showing correctly with AMD graphics card

Andy9841

Hi Guys

I use my PC to view my 2 cameras, and since getting an AMD RX5700XT graphics card using Internet Explorer with the webcomponents plugin the colours are not displaying correctly, especialy during the day. I never had this problem with my NVIDIA graphics card, and if I log on using my laptop (intel gfx) it works fine, so it is not a problem with the camera. I can also view it fine using my Synology NAS software, on the PC with the AMD card.

Please see the attached files to see what I mean.

Has anyone else experienced this? How do I fix it?

Thanks
Andy

Attachments

• Cam2.PNG
    Cam2.PNG
    13.5 MB · Views: 203
  • Cam1.PNG
    Cam1.PNG
    11 MB · Views: 204
  • plugin.PNG
    plugin.PNG
    43.6 KB · Views: 193
Yes using H265+ on my DS-2CD2385FWD-I and H264+ on my DS-2CD2142FWD-I Changing the settings makes no difference.

Good place to start - Make sure you are running the latest firmware on the cameras and the latest driver for your GFX card.
If you upgrade to the latest camera firmware you should be prompted to download a new version of WebComponents.exe, download it then close all browsers and run the file as admin to update it.

H265+ was developed by Hikvision and decoding it can cause anomalies depending on vendor support. The RX5700 supports H264/H265 but I'd hazard a guess that H.265+ is where the issue lies. Try setting the format to H.264 or H.265 only and make sure the frame rate and I-Frame interval are the same. If that corrects the problem it helps narrow down the options going forward.

Does the PC have a AMD or Intel CPU? It might be worth checking the decoding isn't happening on the CPU/APU by mistake. You can check that in task manger on the performance tab. If the RX5700 is not utilized perhaps the global setting has reverted to the CPU/APU.

1575132313684.png

Thanks for the post Stewart. I am running the latest drivers, and latest web components plugin (3.0.7.16) I tried turning off H254+ and H265+ on both cameras, it made no difference.

I am running a Ryzen 1700 so there is no built in APU / GFX.

Back