01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

ColourVU line up quality differences?

Rectro30

Hi

I see Hikvision make a few ColourVU based cameras including G1 and G2. The prices seem to vary a lot, some like G2 are hard to find in the UK.

Whats the quality differences between ColourVU cameras G1 and G2 from

Thanks

Hi @Rectro30

There are some slight software/hardware improvements between the Generation 1 (G1) and Gen 2 (G2) cameras but the main difference is that the G2 ColorVu models now also support the AcuSense software features, see this Hikvision Infographic which explains.

Hi @Rectro30

There are some slight software/hardware improvements between the Generation 1 (G1) and Gen 2 (G2) cameras but the main difference is that the G2 ColorVu models now also support the AcuSense software features, see this Hikvision Infographic which explains.
Ahh right. I wonder if one of the differences is that I could program the light to come on if triggered or at a certain time. As Im going to be using it within BlueIris does it mean I lose the ability to use the special features that Hikvision G2 cameras, such as AcuSence? As it will be put out the front of the house in a residential area, people cars and people going by close I want to use the inbuilt light only when its a genuine trigger.

Thanks,
Dan

Hi @Rectro30

As far as we are aware the Gen2 ColorVu cameras still only support the White LED light being on all the time it is dark enough to be needed or set to a manual time frame, it is still not possible with UK firmware to set the White light to be triggered by specific events. (some users have shared YouTube videos of this feature but we have spoken to Hikvision UK about this and they say it is a feature only currently available with firmware from certain global regions)

In terms of the compatibility of BlueIris with AcuSense, you will need to speak directly to BlueIris support about this because some 3rd-party software suppliers have released updates to improve support for the latest Hikvision features.

Thanks for your reply. I assume I can at least turn off the less as I cant have them on as soon as it gets low light? The guy that's showing the led trigger is from the UK?
this is my location too. I was thinking of turning off BI motnio detection and just let BI record 24/7 and use the Hikvision own acusence for alearts to my phone.

Dan

Apologies, we thought you were referring to another video, we had not seen this new video for the latest G2 models. It would appear they have now included the feature you were after as a core software feature.

In regards to BlueIris, yes we would also recommend setting up continuous recording with their software and then log directly into the camera to manage event settings and push notifications to the mobile app.

Back