01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Configuration Audion/Video, change on camera or NVR

funkytwig

There are fairly similar configuration pages on the NVR and Camera for the above and I am trying to work out which I should be using.

There is no audio tab on the NVR so I tend to change the Audio/Video and Image settings on the NVR but the relationship seems a bit random.

For example, if I change Max. Bitrate on the camera the settings are not reflected on the NVR config page and it seems via sirversa. Also the bitrate on the camera seems to sometimes change randomly to a value I never sure (i.e. 6144). And to further confuse things sometimes the bitrate is greyed out on the NVR config.

Am I missing something or is the software extremely buggy.

I have found that all camera-specific changes should be made on the camera, not the NVR. Once you make whatever changes, reboot the NVR and those changes will be reflected in the NVR. Sometimes my changes on the cam show up on the NVR, sometimes not, so the reboot is necessary. This has been mainly for things like bitrate and things like white balance, contrast, etc. Alarm zones like intrusion and line crossing are fine on the NVR. No idea why it all works this way, but it works.

Real shame. We are constantly tweaking settings as we are using them to record a few stages at a festival in Panama. The NVR is in a sealed air-conditioned server cabinet (sue to heat and high humidity here). So don't want to risk a reboot;(.

Shame the software is so flaky.

You can reboot the NVR through the browser without having to open the cabinet. Go to:

Config > System > Maintenance > Upgrade & Maintenance > Reboot

1584014389942.png

I know, but the event is 24/7 and it will not record while rebooting. No biggie, don't really care as I can do everything via camera interface.

Back