01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Configuring Alerts/Monitoring

profwolfe

Hi all, I am very new to HIKVISION IP Cameras. I currently bought a house that has 8 of these around the premise DS-2CD2155FWD-I . I have them all up and running. Notifying me of alerts via email. However, they seem to be very sensitive. During monitoring times I am getting bombarded with emails for any slightest thing (rain drop, bug etc.) . Does anyone have any tips and recommendations on how to go about setting this up to trust the alerts or any ways to find activity that might be occurring and recorded on the DVR?

Hi all, I am very new to HIKVISION IP Cameras. I currently bought a house that has 8 of these around the premise DS-2CD2155FWD-I . I have them all up and running. Notifying me of alerts via email. However, they seem to be very sensitive. During monitoring times I am getting bombarded with emails for any slightest thing (rain drop, bug etc.) . Does anyone have any tips and recommendations on how to go about setting this up to trust the alerts or any ways to find activity that might be occurring and recorded on the DVR?

I'd give motion detection a miss. You'll get false alerts from insects, rain, shadow, headlights, reflections moving across parked card that you're monitoring etc. You can login to the camera directly and configure the "expert" settings in motion detection which will allow a little more control.

Although not perfect you'll get far fewer alerts if you switch off motion detection and setup line crossing or intrusion detection. Both allow you to set a minimum and maximum object size to trigger the alert. Newer cameras are available with Acusense technology that can filter line crossing and intrusion alerts to Human and/or Vehicle. I've tried a couple of these and once set up correctly I had minimal false alerts.

You don't mention the model of your NVR but you can retrospectively search for activity using the smart search function in playback which enables you to filter the playback to only show footage where there has been activity in the area you specify on screen.

Back