01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Configuring IVMS 4200

Ironside

I'm using IVMS 4200 3.20.10 client with my Hiklook NVR which is basically a Hikversion recorder. I've just installed the software on a laptop and am trying to connect to my box so I can view my cameras. However, I seem to be having problems adding it to the programme. If I go into maintenance and management and click "online device" I can see the box at the bottom of the screen. I've tried clicking add and entering in the password and username but I'm just getting stuck and I don't know where to go from here. If somebody could point me in the right direction I would be very grateful.

Okay, I'm in maintenance and management and I can see my NVR box listed. The security level is listed as strong and its online. However, when I go to main view I can't see any of the cameras. I can't work out how to get the cameras to show.

Hi @Ironside

Can you share some screenshots of what you are seeing in iVMS-4200?

You may have already figured this out by now but I just tried configuring iVMS-4200 with my HiLook NVR.

On the Main View page, the left hand vertical bar should show the name you gave to your group

If you click on the triangle to the left side of the name of your group a drop down showing all your connected cameras will appear.

Select one of the cameras by clicking the 'triangle in a circle' and you should be prompted that 'the video is encrypted, input the stream key to view the video'.
Enter your stream key (the password you set on the NVR)

You can then select all the other cameras and they should appear in the live view windows.

Back